St Louis Big Fish Summer 07

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by TeamWhiskers, Aug 7, 2007.

1. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Who is going to catch the big fish of the summer around here in St Louis? Any Ideas of who?

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    What's up your sleeve Vince? You sandbagging a sleeper?:misdoubt:

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    So far, I believe big fish has come off of the Missouri River. One of our Bros caught a 60 Plus, but cant thank of his name off the top of my head. I believe the "dinkman darryl" might be in second with his 56 (really only 20) pounder. :smile2: I havnt heard of any 70 Plus's yet this year. Oh, and Mr T out in KC stung a good fish earlier this year also. I think it was in the 50's.

Anyone? Bueller, Bueller, Bueller?

Oh, but wait, Cuz might have one. :wink:

Attached Files:

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Ok, OK. Thats a fish from 2 years ago. :cry::cry::cry:

No hogs from Cuz this year. Just cant find em. You'll neva see me give up though. :wink:

Heres my personal best blue below

Attached Files:

5. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    i have a 58lber this year i figured the boys in alton would have some 60 and 70s anyway here the pic

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Photos Tim, Photos Buddy. Love see'n them hogs. :big_smile:

7. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    sorry cuz i already posted that pic in member fishinf reports under second time out but heres one of the 40lber i caught yesterday

Attached Files:

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Great Fish Tim. Nice job buddy. Gary, this is definitely NOT A DINK. LMAO:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

9. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It sure is not going to be me. This has been the worse year of fishing that I have ever had. I did catch a 20 pounder out with Gary once. Been out with Kutter twice and only caught one using 33 jugs and almost getting a ticket. Out with Cuz twice and well…. Skunk up to my arm pits with crow for an appetizer. Yet alone, the GAS problem that exists both times! Oh Yea… Cuz even hooked one and handed me the pole and It broke off and got away.. Did go out with Bill getting skunked, but atleast he is doing well. Don’t forget the 3 thunderstorms I got soaked in also.
    At this point, I think it is best just to write off the year and not even think about going out there. So no, I am not sand bagging and the only thing I have up my sleeves is a nasty sunburn still…. I don’t even think I would get the best effort trophy. Atleast I got one! To save me from the Skunk of the Year award… Now I know why I just wanted to have fun..

10. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    dont count your self out just yet some of the best fishen is yet to happen cant wait for cool weather and cooler water

11. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Don't forget Deanna's 30 lb'er for the female category, if there is such a thing.:smile2:

I vote for it.:big_smile:

12. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I wont be able to fish this year from October through November. So you guys might have a chance. :wink:

13. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Your fishing enough now! Give the rest of us a chance to catch up will ya....:roll_eyes:

14. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    You got that right Mike! Darryls been out there totally tearing it UP!:crazy:

I have finally been able to catch a few decent cats this year. That a first for me!

theonecatfishbob landed a 60 pounder this year I believe, I think it won him the big fish contest in the BOC Spring Fishoff!

I am still out there trying, I just want to catch up to Darryl right now, he's on FIRE!!

15. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

To be honest guys I have gotten lucky a few times. I have been skunked a lot this year, really. You catch a couple decent fish and people think you know more than you really do. I am usually frying my brains in the sun (I don't fish at night) and thinking I really suck at this. Then a big cat hits. It really disturbs my quiet time on the water. I work for the federal government, I'm used to sleeping during the day.:smile2:

Plus I talk too much. There are guys like Slider, theonecatfishbob etc. who are tearing them up on a regular basis. They just don't spread it around. These are the guys that know what they are doing.:worship:

16. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Come on guys, you can't forget about your good ole' buddy Gary. He sure is trying to catch a biggun' to post here! LMAO!!!!!:big_smile::big_smile:I'm either gonna fish till I catch one, or fish till I get sick of trying. Whatever comes first!!

Oh, by the way Cuz, those fish defenitely aren't dinks!!! Lol!!!

17. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Why limit to catties? That excludes me. I think I've registered a 20lb asian (jumped in) and an 8lb drum. That's gotta be worth something.

18. bookr1

bookr1 New Member

State:
    MO
    I am new here, but I caught one that was 87 lbs on July 25th up at the Alton Dam. The fish in my avatar is the one. He was briefly in the tank at Cabelas before they said he died.

19. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Thats a bonified HOG Steve. Welcome to the BOC and thanks a million for sharing. Always nice to have new members on board.

20. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    That sounds like the big one so far.:eek:oooh:

Do they know why he died? You really have to be careful handling a big fish. I really don't think you should pick them up like you are in the photo, puts a lot of stress on them. Need to support their midsection. Thats a lot of weight once its removed from the buoyancy of the water.

Congrats on a GREAT fish, too bad it died.

Welcome to the BOC