St. Louis Area Spots?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by TheMick, Sep 24, 2008.

1. TheMick

TheMick New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am going out for the first time soon in the St. Louis area and I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on some good close spots? I am hoping to get out on the mississippi or missouri but dont know where to start. Also I was wondering how the fishing will be now that its expected to start cooling down for good.
    Thanks for the help.

2. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Hey Corey welcome aboard. Shoot me a PM. I've been hitting both rivers for the past few weeks now. My boat is down so Im stuck on the bank again. Its funny but I caught more fish on the bank in the last few weeks then I have in a boat all year..........lol

Let me know when your ready I'll get you out there.

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Corey. Looks like Willie is making you an offer you can't refuse. Thanks Willie!!

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Willie, you are the man!
    Corey, if Willie can't get you onto fish, they aint bitin anywhere!!!

5. Hurricane

Hurricane New Member

State:
    Arnold, Missouri
    Know of any Mississippi river bank access close to Arnold that is any good?

6. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    I had know where to put in taday so i bank fished under the fenton 21 bridge for a few hours caught a few dinks and one 4 lb channel:roll_eyes:

By the way its the meramec not mississippi.

7. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    Almost forgot their is a spot in imperial / Kimswick where the old gambling boat use to be. There is a dike that is accessible thru the woods and a feeder creek all within 100 yards. I havent fished it since last year though.

8. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Sulfur City, east of Barnhart. There is a RR track you can park along and climb down to the waters edge. I have no idea if there are any fish there, though.

9. Hurricane

Hurricane New Member

State:
    Arnold, Missouri
    Well that gives me a few ideas. I was going to try and get out during the day this weekend and see if I can find any bank access on the Mississippi.

10. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Welcome to the BOC Corey

11. Tim70

Tim70 New Member

State:
    Maplewood, Missouri
    Manny how do you get to the 21 bridge in Fenton. I can't seem to picture it. I am always looking for some new places to try.

12. Hurricane

Hurricane New Member

State:
    Arnold, Missouri
    The 21 bridge over the Meramec is right there at hwy21 and Meramec Bottom road, that is the only place I can think of. I guess that is considered Fenton.

13. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    Yeah, i believe its considered Fenton, Just follow meramec bottom rd till you go under bridge and pull over on the side of road under bridge. Or you can take hwy 21 of 141 and turn right to go under bridge.

Good Luck