St. Louis area catfishing

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Spills, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Spills

Spills New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey guys, I'm new to the site, and I'm going to pick up my new boat tomorrow. We are going out next weekend, and since we can finally get off of the bank, we're looking for a good lake to get into some nice catfish. We're willing to travel a little to get away from the city, and we will be doing some camping over the weekend as well. Any advise is appreciated.

2. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Jon, Truman lake then followed by LOZ for trophy blues are top in the country in my opinion. Mark Twain lake for Flatheads... We also have some awesome river fishing. Welcome again, you found the best site to learn along with others about the sport of catfishing.

3. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Welcome to the BOC Jon... Why drive all the way to a decent lake when you got the mighty MISS right here .. There big fish in the.... All you gotta do is find them...

4. mbodner

mbodner New Member

State:
    kansas
    in the st.louis area there is great fishing in any direction you go.good luck.

5. Spills

Spills New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for all the info guys. I guess my only concern with hitting the mississippi right now is the new/used boat. This will be the first time I've had it in the water and I wanted to make sure the outboard (40hp Mariner) was in working order before I jumped on the mississippi. I figured a lake was a little safer for the first trip, but we're certainly looking to get on the river. Thanks again for the welcome.

6. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Keep watching for fellow BOCers that are heading for the river maybe you can meet up with someone so your not alone when trying out that motor.

7. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Mike is right, if you're in the St Louis area, there are alot of BOC brothers on here that are MORE than willing to lend a hand, especially if you're heading to the river to do some fishing!

8. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

Heck yeah, lots of brothers willing to help around here.

And besides........if you screw up we need witnesses for the public torture you will be subjected to.....:crazy:

Ask me how I know. :eek:oooh:

Not in a BAD WAY, right guys?

They only tease you around here if they like you.... I think?????

Wish they didn't 'like' me so much sometimes.:smile2:

9. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    Pool 26 is a lot like a lake and has plenty of places where you can put in with no current. Just remember to go upstream to test your motor and if something bad happens you can float back to the put in place. On a lake you will not have that advantage and will have to get a tow unless you have a trolling motor.:tounge_out:

10. Spills

Spills New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks guys...I'm definately going to keep an eye out to meet up and hit the river...I'm new to the big river fishing...the Meremac doesn't count...:big_smile:

I think me and bigBB are going to hit Rend Lake this weekend for the trail run. But the reason we bought this boat was to get after the cats on the MISS. I look forward to catching up with you guys to show us the ropes. Thanks for all the information.

11. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis

.........AINT THAT THE TRUTH........

WELCOME TO THE SITE JON. THESE GUYS DONT SLEEP SO YOU CAN GET INFO JUST ABOUT ANYTIME OF DAY.

12. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Yeah, I saw you here early this morning, around 1 am, Willie. LOL

13. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Jon. And good luck with that new boat.

14. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Welcome to the BOC Jon

15. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Welcome to the BOC Jon.. If you go to Rend.. It's kinda low, so watch out for stumps and structure..

16. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    hey i sleep, im just in training for the all nighters this summer:smile2: welcome to the boc. you will find all the help you need to get out there in the big river, & get after the kittys .. good luck out there..... rusty

17. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    welcome to the BOC Jon.Good luck on the water.

18. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Welcome Aboard. Looks like this thread got lost in the shuffle for awhile didnt it.

19. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome Jon, great place to hang out if your not on the water.

20. Chris Cordia

Chris Cordia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am heading to the Mississippi river Saturday. I dont blame you for hitting a lake first. Plus read you instructions if its a new motor it needs to be broke in. If your willing to try the river let me Know.