St Joseph River

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by bwanatony, Aug 13, 2007.

1. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    According to the DNR fishing report and some people I know, there has been so much rain in the St Joe valley that the river is so high it's almost un-fishable. Can anyone confirm that?

This is wierd, the Grand is too low and the St Joe is too high all at the same time!

2. RonSki

RonSki New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nope, I'd say they're wrong. I go over the St. Joe every day in the Elkhart stretch and right now it's right about normal. We really haven't had that much rain anyway. It was down so far, we needed that much rain to get back to normal. And as far as I've experienced, I'd much rather fish Berrien Springs when it's high than when it's low. It's usually faster when it's low, and then you've got all the obstacles on top of that. I'd have no problem going down there right now....(if I had the time :sad2:)

3. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    Thanks Ron,
    I guess the only problem with going to St Joseph is that I'd be obligated to visit my in-laws... at least the fishing would be good...

4. RonSki

RonSki New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Tony,
    I can't see how you'd be obligated if nobody knows you're there :wink:. Anyway I stopped by the river today and the water's just below normal levels. Color is pretty clear too, so the rain hasn't really done much. Go & get you some!! 40 pounders get caught there!!:eek:oooh: