St. Joseph River in Mishawaka

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by DieRache, May 30, 2009.

1. DieRache

DieRache New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Has anyone had any luck this year in this river in the South Bend/ Mishawaka area. I have fished all my normal spots, at the Capital Street bridge, Monkey island and other public sites. With no luck so far this year. Are there any good spots else where on the river?

2. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    WELL I'VE NEVER FISHED THAT FAR NORTH SORRY BUT I'M SURE THERE ARE OTHERS ON HERE THAT CAN HELP BY THE WAY WELCOME TO THE BOC:big_smile:

3. DieRache

DieRache New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for the welcome. I went out tonight and we used about everything you could think of for cats ,well maybe not TnT and no luck. Tried a few spots but nothing like it has been in the past.

4. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    MAN
    THAT SOUNDS LIKE A BAD DEAL
    ALLTOGETHER:smile2::smile2::smile2:

5. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC Matthew! I hope your luck improves!

I've never fished up on the Joe, but used to know a few guys who jug fished it in the summer & always caught some nice channels.

I think Bream Reaper is up in South Bend. He may be able to help you out a bit.

6. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    welcome Matthew! I have never fished that river so I might not be much help. One thing is for sure, rivers change constantly so a fisherman has to also. If you are fishing public spots, it might be getting to much fishing pressure. Try getting away from over fished areas. One rule I keep is,,, fish won't come to find your bait, you have to go find the fish.

7. DieRache

DieRache New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Went out last night. We fished a really hard spot to get to. Right on a bend in the river, never had the need to try and get to it before. And wow glad we hiked thru the nasty stuff to get to it. Fish on all night long. Nothing large but hard bites and fast. I agree I think the normal spots over fished and now we have a spot only we really know about. But anyone up here in South Bend more than welcome to tag along.
    And thanks for all the insight and welcomes. :big_smile:

8. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Thats what I mean by going to the fish and not sitting and waiting on them.
    Keep looking for those hard to get to spots.

9. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    thats what it takes! just think of all those bends you have yet to fish this summer.:wink:

10. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Boo Cavemen!:smile2: Just kidding!

The only cities I've ever been to that north is LaFayette and Hammond!:wink:

There's plenty BOC Hoosiers to help you out! Good luck!

11. matahone

matahone New Member

State:
    New Carlisle, Indiana
    I started fishing the St Joe a few years ago. I have yet to find any good cats. I will be hitting it again soon. I have to get a new prop for the boat after hiiting a rock on the East Fork Of the White River a couple weeks ago. It will be fixed today and I will be ready for action again.

12. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    Welcome to the boc cal! good luck with the new prop, hope to hear some good results from you soon!

13. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC Cal!