St.Johns river

Discussion in 'FLORIDA RIVERS TALK' started by robcat, Jun 23, 2009.

1. robcat

robcat New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Born in Sanford raised in Deltona anyone fishing St,Johns river thease days?

2. Cuda-Cada

Cuda-Cada Member

State:
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    From West Virginia originally but live in Jax. Fl about 1/2 mile from the St. Johns. Little more north there where you are from. I have seen some catch some nice channels along Julington Creek and Doctors Lake up to about 4 pounds. Heard of some over 20 pounds coming from below Rodman Dam about a month ago. Haven't really fished the St. Johns for catfish as I mostly run to Ga to fish for flatheads but I have been fishing the more salty parts and caught some croaker, yellowmouth trout, speckled trout, redfish and flounder this spring/summer.

3. robcat

robcat New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Yea its been a while sence I've been down there just wondering.I live in Wayne West Virginia close to Huntington now

4. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    We have fished Dunns creek off the St.Johns only small cats 5#s the man that lives on the next road from us put a 18 and 15 pounder in the boat and lost 2 that was larger OH well will try again next week.

5. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i live right on the st johns on the base. havent caught any cats, but i am gonna go try doctors lake this weekend.

6. gatorboy15

gatorboy15 New Member

State:
    florida
    yeah i live in jacksonville on the westside and me and my brother-in-law go fishing off vanwert rd and caught two 15 pound channel cats with mullet