St John's Econ

Discussion in 'FLORIDA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Phantom309, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Phantom309

Phantom309 New Member

State:
    Titusville Florida
    Well, got the skunk today for sure.
    Was just beautiful out there, but not even a decent bite.
    Hit the water at Hwy#46, headed south, across puzzle lake and onward.
    Took a good friend of mine who knows a few deep holes down this way, and they were nice, but, the fish just wern't interested.
    We threw liver, shrimp, dough balls, and gizzards., NADA.
    Came back up and cruised down the Econloxhatchee, tried several sunken trees, nobody home.
    But, got a few good pictures and had a nice morning anyway. Just waiting for fall now.
    Have a nice day
    Danny

2. crmule

crmule New Member

State:
    Orange City Florida
    When all else fails in puzzle dip up grass shrimp from the grass .If there home they will eat it .
    Small hook lots of shrimp .
    C.R.Mule

3. Phantom309

Phantom309 New Member

State:
    Titusville Florida
    Tx's crmule;
    I have yet to try catching some grass shrimp. Have been told that that'd be a good thing to use, but, haven't gotten around to trying it yet.
    Hey, some days ya gonna strike out, that's just a fact, etc.
    Have a nice day.
    Danny

4. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.

Danny they are great bait for bluegills "well all sun fish" and eatter size catfish. When I use them I always use small thin wire hooks due to the shrimp being small.

5. Phantom309

Phantom309 New Member

State:
    Titusville Florida
    Just got some "Danny King's" punch bait (Blood), in the mail, will try it out next week if all goes well.
    They suggest #4 treble hooks, might try em (not illegal are they) ??
    Took today off to rest and relax, just slept and did minor honey-do's all day, has been nice.
    Sure can't wait till the weather cools down, getting pretty tired of this hot stuff.
    Have a nice day,
    Danny

6. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    No it's not,you can use them. However you may have a problem once you open the jar. LOL

7. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    It is plum scary to get caught in a thunder storm there where you took those pictures.
    :crazy: