St Joe/Berrien Springs

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by RonSki, Jun 26, 2009.

1. RonSki

RonSki New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Is there anyone else out there fishing Berrien Springs or Benton Harbor section? Especially for flatheads? The only people I ever see out there at night are fishing from the bank. Caught a 15 pounder last night & going back soon. Just wondering who else is out there, I don't like traveling on the river at night by myself too much....

2. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    My in-laws live in St Joe, so I try to avoid it...
    No, really I'd like to try it.
    Maybe later this summer.
    By the way, don't leave any valuables in your car while you're out on the river, I've heard more than one story of cars broken into at the public ramp.
    Let us know how you do.

3. RonSki

RonSki New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well, it's not really been that great yet. I caught a 15 pounder Thursday night and tonight I went to Benton Harbor and only caught one little one. First time in that stretch of water so I can't complain. I guess I just don't know how to adjust for the high water. I did really good last year, but then again, I've only been up there three times now. You should try to make it down here soon, before they start spawning. I remember the outing that was supposed to happen there (last year?) & wish it WOULD just to meet some of you....

4. Northstar

Northstar New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Ronski, I have not been down there. That is a river I would like to fish soon. I have driven over it in several spots and it looks good. As for the spawn I think its about over for the channels and some of the flats I think are also done.