St Francis @ Marked Tree in Arkansas

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by NE_Arki, Mar 24, 2009.

1. NE_Arki

NE_Arki New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Well went and got a few lines wet today. Didn't catch any cats missed a few though, The shad were just starting to move in and those were very few in numbers. All in all had a good day with dad and would do it over in a heart beat!

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Jessi. You'll find better fishing but ya won't find a better site.

3. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Welcome to the Bock jessi:0a25:

4. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Jesse, welcome aboard, if your still here tell me a little about the st.franscis at marked tree, I see where the ramp is at and was wondering about the flathead fishing up that way. I fished it some down at Marianna and have been told the flathead fishing was better up your way, enlighten me please. Mac

5. NE_Arki

NE_Arki New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Im not sure it would be "up my way" Im from bono, but I have fished it several times we always use shad and catch nice blues. A game warden told us to try paynway for flats (right after he wrote me a ticket for laying a soda can beside me while fishing) The last few times we have been over that way we went to paynway it's just alot bigger and seems to me a better chace of hooking a big one. Once this water gets back down and the fishing picks up remind me and ill let you know if were doing any good. We were fishing below the siphons up river from the ramp your talking about. Im sure there are nice flats in there its just finding them.

6. docs

docs New Member

State:
    arkansas
    the St. Francis is pretty good up may way tword paragould for flatheads. Some real nice channels and blues also. St. Francis in maked tree has a dam. Ive seen some flatheads, and spoonbills ,and real big blues pulled out of there! the st. Francis above that dam all the way to missouri line is packed with log jams. cypress trees standing through out the river. Its an awesome river for cats!

7. Eddie Mullins

Eddie Mullins New Member

State:
    AR
    Hoping to try it before long. Boat is in the shop right now.

I am North of Paragould. Where is the best place to put in with a good ramp?

Never been to Payneway but sounds like thats worth checking out too, and the Dam.

Didn't realize there was as many choices around here.

Anbody ever fish the Black river, or is it just for duck boats LOL..

8. docs

docs New Member

State:
    arkansas
    ill have to ask a buddy of mine and get back too ya. i live here in paragould so im not real familiar with putting in a boat at payneway...why not fish st. francis here. ive got some big blues, nice channels and a couple of flats off of it. i know its a good 20 min boat ride to get to some decent water that isnt fished to death. its worth it to me. it should be awesome once this water goes down!

9. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hello,

Looks like that BOC has four new members from NE Arkansas,

I think we all live with in about 30 miles of one another.

I am like everyone else, not catching many right now, we went two weeks ago over at Corning, and caught a couple of nice Channels, at Williams Lake, it is a relief lake for the Black River, but was still swift,they were right up in the trees that were flooded, the Current and Black are finaly going down , but still high,

cliff

10. NE_Arki

NE_Arki New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Over at payneway there is a agfc boat ramp as soon as you come up on the levee a nice one at that, there is also one in marked tree thats agfc. If you have a good 4wd with some decent tires you could launch at the siphons but its not going to be the easiest. Last time we were at payneway there were 50-11 people overe there fishing couldn't sit on the bank hardly, so you may want to bring a boat or waite till the skeeters get bad then there wont be as many people.

11. Eddie Mullins

Eddie Mullins New Member

State:
    AR
    I hate to say it, but I have never been to the Saint Francis, but definitely willing. 20 minute boat ride sounds just fine to me (assuming I can get my boat running :eek:oooh: )

12. Eddie Mullins

Eddie Mullins New Member

State:
    AR
    I drove through Corning today on my way back form squirrel hunting in MO (my 1st addiction is my squirrel dogs - now I'm wondering if squirrel guts would be good cat bait LOL ) anyway, I saw that sign and almost drove over to try to find the lake but had to get back home. You ever fish the black river?

Looks like more and more fishing options around here , now I just need more time to fish and hunt!

13. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    welcome to the BOC Jesse.

14. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    [:smile2: Welcome to the BOC jess:big_smile::big_smile:

15. NE_Arki

NE_Arki New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Thanks guys, we fished payneway yesterday and cought 2 channels abot 10lbs a pice had many bites but had to come back before we could really put a hurting on them.:smile2:

16. cacheriver

cacheriver New Member

State:
    Bono Arkansas
    Where is the best ramp at Marked Tree?

17. cacheriver

cacheriver New Member

State:
    Bono Arkansas
    Eddie, The ramp at the siphons at Marked Tree is really nice. I went and checked it out yesterday. I'm planning on trying it out pretty soon.

18. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    eddie i dont see why squirel guts wouldnt work i use to use chicken guts and they worked.