St. Croix Triumph review

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by FordTruckGuySTX, Jul 31, 2007.

1. FordTruckGuySTX

FordTruckGuySTX New Member

State:
    Caryville, TN
    Well I went back to Gander Mt. to purchase one of the $20 guide series rods and after feeling the action i wasn't impressed with it. i wanted fast as this was to be for my crappie/bluegill/small cat excursions. I've always loved St. Croix first and foremost and as is with everytime I enter a sporting goods store I find myself staring down the St.Croix rods. I picked up 6' 1 piece medium action fast power and fell in love. The security box attached to the rod weighed more than the rod itself. It feels like it should cost more than $60 by a longshot to me. After seeing 5 years warranty that sealed the deal and as always i spent way more than intended. This rod for its intended purpose has backbone enough to satisfy with a very good sensitivity. A beautifully built rod, nice cork and a fair price. If you guys are in the market its worth a look and they have some musky-type versions which I will try to get one later this year for cattin'

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very cool Matt, I like St Croix Rods, but cant afford them right now.

3. JEFFRO67

JEFFRO67 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I`ve got 2 st croix rods and love them. my rods are for walleye though not monster catfish. If i was a married man with kids i`d be fishing with a zebco 202 combo rod and reel. ST CROIX are pretty pricey both of mine were over 100 bucks a piece. Thank god i`m single LOL

4. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    If you guys are looking for a good St.Croix rod. I found the they have two i really like for catfishing. Both are 8' models. One is rated for 50lb line and the other is rated for 60-80. Both are pretty nice. They also have real nice 7' model, I think it's the saltwater series. That rod is real nice but the price is at $200.00. The other rods I mentioned are about $160-180. You get what you pay for in this day and age. The only problem with getting rods like that, is that you have go out and get a top end reel for it. A regular reel like an Anbassador just don't cut it.

5. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    St Croixs are very nice rods. If you are looking for a good catfish spinning rod there is one on ebay ending in 5 days They do not make this rod anymore it is six foot six extra heavy power fast action with a rating of 25 pound test line I think up to 2 ounces. I have 2 of these and they are very stout. I have had one for 5 years and just recently acquired another one and my buddy has had for about 15 years.

6. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Here is that rod. Site Map

Categories Motors Express Stores

Advanced Search
    Buy Sell My eBay Community Help

Sell an item
    Getting started
    What to sell
    Seller tools & eBay Stores
    Shipping center

Summary
    Watching
    Bidding
    Selling
    Favorites

##1##
    ##2##

Back to My eBay Listed in category: Sporting Goods > Fishing > Freshwater > Rods > Spinning

St. Croix Premier PS66XHF Spinning Rod Ex Condition Item number: 120146823021

You are signed in You are watching this item in My eBay (4 items)

This item has been added to My eBay for Guests.
    As a guest, you can:
    Track up to 10 items on this computer in My eBay
    Receive an email reminder for this item a few hours before it ends

1 of 2

View larger picture

Current bid: US $29.01 Place Bid >

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End time: Aug-05-07 19:23:15 PDT (4 days 23 hours)
    Shipping costs: US $15.00
    UPS Ground
    Service to United States
    Ships to: Worldwide
    Item location: Montgomeryville, Pennsylvania, United States
    History: 5 bids
    High bidder: elwood442( 119)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are watching this item in My eBay (4 items)
    You can also: Bid with Bid Assistant

Get alerts via Text message, IM
    or Cell phone
    Email to a friend

Listing and payment details: HideShow
    Starting time: Jul-29-07 19:23:15 PDT
    Starting bid: US $9.99
    Duration: 7-day listing
    Payment methods: PayPal,
    Money order/Cashiers check
    See details

Meet the seller
    Seller: upnaround( 372)
    Member: since Mar-12-00 in United States

Read feedback comments
    Ask seller a question
    Add to Favorite Sellers
    View seller's other items

Contact the seller instantly

Buy safely
    1. Check the seller's reputation
    Score: 372 | 99.7% Positive
    Read feedback comments
    2. Check how you're protected

Up to $200 in buyer protection. See eligibility.

Description (revised)

Item Specifics - Item Condition
    Condition: Used

All non-essential items from my fishing walk-in must go. I have too much stuff! But my loss can be your gain. This is a very lightly used St. Croix Premier EXTRA HEAVY duty spin rod. I am the original owner and it has been used twice in frresh water. It is in immaculate condition, in fact it looks brand new, and is an exceptional catfish rod. It is one-piece, 6'6", rated for 12-25 pound line and 3/4-2 ounce baits. This rod will be professionally packed in a heavy duty cardboard rod tube with bubble wrap to ensure safe shipping, so bid with confidence. I never misrepresent and want the winning bidder to be happy. Please feel free to ask any questions. Also check my other listings for other high quality fishing and cycling items.

Select a picture

Shipping and handlingShips to
    Worldwide

Shipping and Handling To Service
    US $15.00 United States UPS Ground
    1 to 6 business days*

Country: Show all availableUnited States Zip or postal code:

Shipping and Handling To Service
    US $15.00 United States UPS Ground
    1 to 6 business days*

*Sellers are not responsible for service transit time. This information is provided by the carrier and excludes weekends and holidays. Note that transit times may vary, particularly during peak periods.

Shipping insurance

Not offered

Return policyReturn policy not specified.
    Read item description for any reference to return policy.

Payment details
    Payment method Preferred/Accepted Buyer protection on eBay

Accepted Up to $200 in buyer protection. See eligibility

Money order/Cashiers check
    Accepted Not Available

Learn about payment methods
    Helpful information
    eBay recommended services
    Increase your PayPal sending limit. Get Verified today.

HelpTake action on this item
    Item title: St. Croix Premier PS66XHF Spinning Rod Ex Condition

Place a bid
    Current bid: US $29.01
    Your maximum bid: US $
    (Enter US $30.01 or more)

Place Bid > You will confirm in the next step.

eBay automatically bids on your behalf up to your maximum bid. Learn about bidding.

Other options
    Back to My eBay | Report this item | Printer Version | Sell one like this

Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item.

eBay Pulse | eBay Reviews | eBay Stores | Half.com | eBay Express | Austria | China | France | Germany | Italy | Spain | United Kingdom | Popular Searches
    Tickets | Kijiji | PayPal | ProStores | Apartments for Rent | Shopping.com | Skype

About eBay | Announcements | Security Center | Policies | Site Map | Help

Copyright © 1995-2007 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy.
    eBay official time