Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to shout out to the customer service at st croix there warranty is awesome I sent them 2 fishing rods that I broke totally my fault 1 was around 15 years old and the other one was 2 years old they're going to replace them for half the price 馃榾 馃憤 so gotta say best rods on earth

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New rods are not in my hands yet but looking vary good the guy I talked to said it should take about 3 weeks for me to get my new rods in my hands I really wasn't expecting anything from a fishing rod that was about 15 years old but the newest one should not have broken the way it did trying to get a jig unsnaged with 8# mono

Registered
what model is a good MH 7' 6" casting prefer EVA

:p

Registered
I personally use the St Croix Musky Premeir PM76MHF when fishing from my boat. It is rated to throw up to 3oz. If you want to throw from the bank, the musky series offers a heavy or you could look at the Mojo catfish series, which might save you a few bucks. The Mojo rods are made in Mexico and the Musky Premier in the USA. Both have cork handles. If the EVA is a must have, you might look at some of the Mojo Salt rods in MMF action. I have a few of the Mojo Salts for days I fish on the coast.

Registered
Before he had his own rod with whisker seeker, Luke Nichols of catfish and carp on YouTube made a few rod review videos and the st croix catfish rod was one of his favorites as well. He even mentioned he wasn鈥檛 a fan of st croix rods but he loved their cat rod. Great video of him fishing with a guide on the James River I believe.

Registered
Dave from ohio
I have toured the factory in Wisconsin, it was really cool to see how they are made. They are expensive, but there are very few things made in the states these days, and I hope st. Croix makes a ton of money. Just to be clear, the cheaper rods are not made in the U.S. only the more expensive models.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update my new rod is on the way I decided to go with a legend glass spinning rod just for smaller crankbaits I never got a fishing rod without holding it first sher hope I like it big roll of the dice

Registered
Update my new rod is on the way I decided to go with a legend glass spinning rod just for smaller crankbaits I never got a fishing rod without holding it first sher hope I like it big roll of the dice
I think you are going to like that rod. I have a few of them. The orange is really sharp in my opinion. They are fantastic for treble hook baits. I use them for poppers, zara spooks, traps, etc. Rarely ever have a fish come unbuttoned.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think you are going to like that rod. I have a few of them. The orange is really sharp in my opinion. They are fantastic for treble hook baits. I use them for poppers, zara spooks, traps, etc. Rarely ev

er havTThanks E]

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks first time I ever bought a new fishing rod without holding it first I'm really looking forward to try it out

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My new fishing rods arrived today I absolutely love my new Glass legend spinning rod will pretty much be just for Square Bills 1.5 and Rapala DT-6 ccomeon spring

1 - 18 of 18 Posts