st croix river

Discussion in 'MINNESOTA RIVERS TALK' started by thenightstalker, Jun 24, 2008.

1. thenightstalker

thenightstalker New Member

State:
    indiana
    has anybody been fishing the st croix river near taylors falls down to stillwater? when i lived up there i would catch some huge cats just up from taylors falls at the boat ramps. i never see anything about the river on here so i figured that i would ask. anyone with any information would be extrememly appreciated

2. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I fish the St. Croix, up river from the Taylors Falls dam. Most of the time around 10 miles up river from the dam.
    Boated many large channels this spring. There are no flats in that portion, though plenty of channels and sturgeon. Boated a 36" sturgeon last night and a 49" sunday night.

Attached Files:

3. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Here's a couple more frome this spring.

Attached Files:

4. thenightstalker

thenightstalker New Member

State:
    indiana
    i will never forget fishing that river. i have fished many, in different states, and i would have to say that the st croix is the most beautiful river i have ever fished. thanks alot man. keep catchin those nice fish

5. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota

I will agree it is beautiful. I enjoy going there fish or no fish just to be surrounded by nature.

6. catfisher77

catfisher77 New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    hey dave- i am a friend of joe chever, i used to work with him and he introduced me to the st. croix a few years ago but have since not fished it. i would like to fish it again but i am worried about shallow spots on the river. i live in stacy and would like to meet up with you some time if you are interested. drop me a personal message and we can figure something out or exchange numbers. later- alex

7. catfisher77

catfisher77 New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    oh by the way, those are some very nice fish! :eek:oooh: