St croix River Fishing?

Discussion in 'MINNESOTA RIVERS TALK' started by TOPS, Aug 8, 2009.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I have an Army buddy that is looking for help, any of you guys fish that river please let me know so I can hook a bud up.

2. Chef Steve

Chef Steve New Member

State:
    minnesota
    Hi everyone! I live in Stillwater, Mn right on the St Croix River. I love to fish. I have only fished the lakes never the rivers. I am looking for someone to show the right way to get a biggun. I need advice on what equipment that I would need. Thanks Verlon!!
    Steve

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Steve welcome to the B.O.C. Enjoy your stay here. You have made a good choice we have plenty of Info anything from rigs, to use what bait to use, Just ask any question I am sure some brother will chime in and answer it for you.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Steve. A little out of my fishing area. Some one will be along soon to help ya out.

5. lee

lee Well-Known Member

State:
    missouri
    in a year you will wish you had been here sooner!!!
    bitty and lee:roll_eyes:

6. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hello Steve !!!!

and a big welcome to the B.O.C., you came to the right place to find an answer to your question, Where can I find a Bigun !!! LOL,

you may already have a good rod and reel, if you fish for Muskys or Pike
    if you want to catch a big one, you need to find them first ((LOL)) might check with the Minn, DNR, see where the state record Catfish was caught,

someone with a lot more knowledge will be along in a day or two (LOL)) and get you lined out !!!!!!

welcome Steve, hope you have a great time here !!

7. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Steve
    Welcome to the BOC. If you ever get to NE Oklahoma I will be more than happy to :wink:TRY:confused2: to put you on a big cat.
    If you are a friend of Tops you will fit right in here.

8. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    welcome to the boc Steve. i dont know about your area, your prettyfar up. im sure someone alittle closer to you will put you on some fish.

9. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Welcome to the BOC Steve.... hope you enjoy your stay here... If Top was an old bud of yours in the army you will fit right in...

Wish ya lived closer down this a way so ya could attend some of the gatherings with us.

10. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Welcome to the BOC Steve!:0a25:This is the best site on the web and before you know it I guarantee you will be addicted! Any friend of Tops will fit right in, again welcome to the hood.

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    :0a22::0a25:Steve Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. I look forward to reading of your fishing trips. You have located a forum that will use a lot of your time, because of the wealth of info and friendship on here. There are no bad questions, so ask away.

12. Igottheblues!

Igottheblues! New Member

State:
    Minden, Louisia
    Steve, On behalf of the RED RIVER REDNECKS OF NORTH LOUISIANA, let me WELCOME you to the BOC ! IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY RECEIVED the information you're looking for, just hang on , it's coming...... LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.... Is ONE of the keys to catching BIG CATS on any water source. Asking locals around and on the water that you fish, for any tips can very useful, but experimentation and experience is the best teacher.... Meet up with some die hard catfisherman in your area, and you'll soon be hauling in your share and more... Good Luck in your search for MONSTER CATS, and once again, Welcome Aboard !:roll_eyes:

13. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Hey Steve,
    Welcome to the BOC..... MN state record Flathead catfish fish is 70lbs caught out of the St.Croix river back in 1974. The Croix can be a little intimidating to start with due to the size, and the number of large boats that frequent it.
    Break it down in to small sections, its takes some time to learn.

For starters you might want to check out the powerplant discharge south of Stillwater.... Look for the super tall stack. Some times the water temps get a little on the warm side, but some nice kitties come out of there in the spring and fall. Its a great spot to go for sturgeon when the season opens in OCT.

Good luck out there.
    Larry

14. Chef Steve

Chef Steve New Member

State:
    minnesota
    I might just move down that way! Thanks for the welcome TopSgtLawrence is a good man.:big_smile:

15. Chef Steve

Chef Steve New Member

State:
    minnesota
    Buckethead thanks for the welcome. I like that name, it was my nickname in Basic Training. I look forward to meetin everyone soon.:002:

16. Chef Steve

Chef Steve New Member

State:
    minnesota
    Larry
    Thanks for the info. I know exactly where the spot is at. I only live a few miles from it. Your right the big boats do create a big ruckus. Hope to meet you someday.
    Steve :big_smile:

17. Chef Steve

Chef Steve New Member

State:
    minnesota
    I really appreciate the warm welcome. I do believe I have found a great spot not only to learn more about fishing, but meeting good friends.

Steve
    :0a18:

18. Chef Steve

Chef Steve New Member

State:
    minnesota
    This is great!!! Good friends and fishing. There is nothing better.
    Thanks Verlon a whole Lot.
    Steve
    :big_smile_2:

19. Chef Steve

Chef Steve New Member

State:
    minnesota
    Thanks Bluejay for the warm welcome! The folks here are so friendly. Hope to meet ya sometime. Catch a monster!!!

:big_smile:Steve

20. Chef Steve

Chef Steve New Member

State:
    minnesota
    Lee thanks for the great welcome. What a great lookin dog!! I lost my best friend "Charlie" last year. I still miss him. Hope to meet ya sometime. Take Care.

:big_smile:Steve