St.clair County

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by bluecatnut, Jun 7, 2006.

1. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    i was wondering if anybody around st.clair county or near by would like to go fishing with me this weekend

2. drcwaynem

drcwaynem New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dusty,

I will be headed down to the fayetteville launch to fish the kaskaskia this weekedn (Friday morning).

3. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Do you have any luck in that area Wayne.. And how's the boat ramp, I have a 15 ft Crestliner open bow.. It's fiberglass and kinda heavy.. I have problems getting it off trailer if I can't get water above fenders..

4. drcwaynem

drcwaynem New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hickshh,

I can't say that I have had any luck there yet. This will be my first time launching there. I went down there last night and to check it out. I will probably go down there tomorrow morning with my son and see how it goes. I will let you know when I get back. I did hear that there is a lot of structure north of the launch...so going will be slow until I learn the area better.

Wayne

5. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    that area is killer of flathead sssshhhhh most people don't think their are big cats in that part of the river but let me tell u their are some hawgs

6. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    The guy I got my boat from lives in Marissa and goes to New Athens all the time.. He keeps telling me I need to fish there but he also said sandbars up north of New Athens are trecharous ( spelling optional ) I just got a fish finder put on the boat, so I may have to try it now.. A guy I work with says between New Athens and the dam are good places too.. I haven't fished the Kaskaskia since I was a kid in the 60's..

7. drcwaynem

drcwaynem New Member

State:
    Illinois
    did alright today. got 8 channel, 0 blue, and 0 flats :sad2: The catfish were between 2 and 5 lbs. I was hoping to get into some flats but no luck. While I was out there I heard that the flats seemed to be running. Hickshh, I was able to launch my boat with no problem at that landing I am not sure how your tri-hull will do since it is probably a little heavier than mine. Anyway, if you go out there, remember to go slow as there is quite a bit of structure that you CAN NOT SEE because the water is quite a bit muddy north of the launch. I will be headed to baldwin tomorrow if I can't get anyone to go with me tomorrow. Good luck!!!

Wayne

8. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Thanks for the info, Wayne.. I was talking to the guy I bought my boat from 2day.. If you go back there again, go south, but stay on the right side.. Sandbars on left side.. He said to go down a little bit to where they stopped dredging.. Current picks up there and flatheads are about 3 ft long... My wife has to work 2morrow so I lost my fishing partner.. Anybody want to go fishing.. But I gotta warn you, once I start fishing I don't like to quit.. I usually stay out till somebody makes me come in.. hehhe

9. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    i was drift fishing below the damn yesterday with no luck for cats but my wife started to catch sauger with a white jig

10. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Went to Carlyle today, in the lake by the dam.. Not one bite.. Waves were too high, I only stayed about 5 hrs, tried some of the coves... Nothing.. Got a warning ticket for not paying launch fee.. I didn't know there was a launch fee.. I won't go back there. waters too rough for my 15 ft boat..

11. drcwaynem

drcwaynem New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hickshh,

Looks like they are on their beds now. I wonder how long before they start biting good again. I suppose I will do some fishing for bass until then. I got hit with a warning up at carlyle too for not paying the launch fee. If you don't know what to do or no one explains it to you that is just what happens. Did you figure out where to pay for the next time you head out there?

Wayne

12. lanceromance1

lanceromance1 New Member

State:
    il
    :lol:.....................................................................

13. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    No.. I won't be going back to carlyle with my boat.. 15 1/2 ft boat is way too small for them waves...