Squirrels and 2 quarters or 2 nickels

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by flatheadchris, Nov 5, 2006.

1. flatheadchris

flatheadchris New Member

State:
    sc
    i was told that if u rub 2 quarters or nickels together it drives squirrels crazy...

crazy in a good way? anyone tried it?

2. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    ok heres the low down on it

its reporduces the sound of the squirrel when it is cutting....

ok it like makes them relax cause they hear other squirrels cutting(or so they think)

idk about driving them crazy lol

3. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    To my understanding it is supposed to sound like the chattering they make. Never tried it myself so I can't tell ya if it does any good or not.

4. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Ive had it work a few times. I think the best time to use them is early in the season when the trees are so full of leaves you cant see far, but I think its always worth a try if your not seeing any. I had one just about jump on top of me, thought I was going to have a story about getting attacked by a squirrel.

5. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    you can mock them with your mouth or atleast i have , drives them nuts (no pun) they will come out in the open and bark at you for a clean shot

6. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    I hold 1 quarter in my left hand,between my thumb and forefinger,hold it flat making a circle around it so the tip of thumb and finger touch.

Grasp the other coin in right hand.Strike the flat coin with the edge of the other coin at a 45 degree angle.
    Strike rapidly 5-10 times.

much easier to show than describe:crazy:

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Remember my grandfather showing me this when I was a youngster. Thanks for bringing it back.