Squirrel season

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by Arkansascatman777, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Squirrel season opens state wide Saturday morning. Anyone going? We are going to hunt Saturday morning and camp Saturday night then hunt Sunday morning. Been out a few times scouting and the squirrels are hitting the hickory nuts and pig nuts in this area.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I use to squirrle hunt alot, a whole lot.I have a hickory by the house they have shredded. Ground is covered with cuttings. I may go out and kill a mess, i need to move a stand anyway.

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I squirrel hunted most of my life but with the back injury I am barely able to fish.

4. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Top,
    do like me.
    get a fold up chair and sit by some big oaks and let them come to you.LOL

5. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    My grandpa would have asked ya'll, "You mean that we can only squirrel hunt for a season?" then turned to his dog and say, "Buster, you leave them squirrels alone," if it wasn't squirrel season. If it was, he'd say, "Buster, you go get a squirrel." Buster would go and tree one, then Grandpa would get his gun and go after it.

As it was, I don't think he knew you could only do it for a season...he was almost always sending Buster out and then having to get his gun.

6. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia

back in the day when you got hungry that's when you went hunting.LOL

7. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    I'll be headed out Saturday morning, wouldn't miss it for the world, even though I have got to work 12 hours Friday night and again Saturday night. I like the early hunts mainly because it lets you get to see the what the deer are doing too, but I really prefer the late hunts when all the leaves are off the trees. I love hunting with my dogs! I'm just glad that hunting season is here again.

don3778

8. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    me and my dogs love to be in the woods but i kinda like for it to cool off a little fore i go so ill probably go fishing.

9. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    I will be out there sometime this weekend. Gotta work this Saturday morning, so rules that out. Probably be out there Saturday evening. Or might go fishing!

10. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    Well, I got off work this morning at 4am, went home, took a nap, got up at 7:20am, gathered my hunting stuff and was hunting by 8am. Those squirrels were really cutting up this morning, let me tell ya! They were eating hicker nuts and that was the first place I headed. I got my limit by 10am and had to walk off and leave the squirrels cutting and barking at me, lol. It was a perfect morning being cool and all like it was. I may go back in the morning again, depends what I feel like when I get off at 4 am again, lol.

Oh yea, I did have a big ole doe walk within 10 yards of me and never saw me at all. That was cool. Saw several other deer but not that close.

Good fishing and hunting to all.

don3778

11. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    i used to love to squirrel hunt but havent done it in 20 yrs. sure do miss being in the woods.:sad2:

12. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill

What's stopping you? All you gotta do is do it! I sure do love it. Gets me out in the woods and most times I don't really care if I kill anything or not!

don3778

13. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I would like to thank Johnnie[pits] for asking me to go hunting, Unable to go thanks to a brother for thinking of me.

14. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    that's what the Boc is all about TOP!!!! It is the Good kind of Brotherhood! I thank all the Brothers that have helped me out, wheather it be about giving me a spot to pitch a tent when funds are low and can not afford a site, showing me new ways of fishing, sharing a seat in their Boat, or whatever it may be. Thank You Brothers, especially Paul for making this such a great Organization!!!! Back to the Hunting!!!

I went out yesterday evening. The wind was kicking it pretty good. But, that did not detour the mosquito's any. They about ate me up! Did manage to see about three and come home with two. Had them for supper last night!! But, it was great being out in the woods hunting for a change!:smile2:

15. vetrock

vetrock New Member

State:
    ar
    I took my 5 year old out today. The mosquitos were awful, but we finally got under about 5 of them at a hickory tree without them hearing us.

Came away with 2 and quit because of the skeeters. I'll post a picture when I get it.

16. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    Congrats to you for taking your young'un hunting vetrock. I think that is the best thing you can do for kids today. Get them interested in the outdoors, hunting and fishing, and you won't have to hunt them on the parking lots and up and down the streets. Besides that, look at the quality time you get to spend with your kids.

don3778