Squirrel question?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catfishboy1995, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Does any one here besides People that live in Council BLuffs know we have black squirels?We are the only city in the country that have them...Yester day we had family down that had never been to our house and they seen a few black squirrels in our back yard and go Richard stay the hell out of the spray paint...because they only seen them in our back yard,,,and i was like i didnt do it..and then they told me well some one did look at that squirell..I was laughing and said i guess im so used to seeing them i dndnt realize we are the only ones who have them..lol..:smile2::smile2::smile2:we get black and brown squrrel mixxes that look cool..there ususally mostyle black and the had brown spots or the tail is brown..and i have seen them get shocked on power lines and synge ther hiar off anf the get up and run aroung like littl maniacs!!lol

2. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    We have the red, the gray and the black squirrels... When the black ones showed up at the feeder last year, they were pretty bossy.....

They are here in Northern Indiana

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    We also have blacks. Not alot but some. Mostly greys and foxes. In Marionville Mo. there is a big sign at the edge of town boasting "home of the white squirrels" Not albino i don't think but are certainly white.

4. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    A friend of mine has a black one mounted, but I've never personally seen them, and I do hunt squirrel from time to time.

5. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    there are a LOT of black squirrels and white and brown down here,not unusual.they're fox squirrels,just different colors.good eatin' too.

6. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    I've heard people around here talking about black fox squirrels. A guy that used to hunt with us said he saw one while sitting in the the deerstand one evening on our land, and my dad said my uncle had shot one there one day and had it mounted. I don't remember seeing that mount because my uncle died when I was very young and my aunt took all of his mounts down.

7. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    The town I live in has alot of Black color phase squirrels. I believe the town of Marysville, Ks, is considered the Black Squirrel capitol of the USA!

We have alot of the red and blacks in Hastings. My father-in-law feeds the cute little chits all the time.

8. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have never seen a black squirrel, will have to ask the wife, she is the squirrel expert....:smile2: Long story there

9. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    We have some here in NE Okla. Seems to be more gray squirrels than any thing. I hunt the creek bottoms so that is probably why I see more gray squirrels.

10. KajunKat

KajunKat New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I have seen them mounted mostly but I have only seen one live. We were in DC on vacation and were on the mall near the war memorials (boy that Vietnam memorial is a tear jerker, jeez...) anyway, this little jet black squirrel runs up stands on his back legs and just looks at me. I said you begging little fool I know what you want, so I started to throw him a couple of peanuts I had. After about 5 peanuts he would come and get them out of my hand, pretty neat. Was going great until some brat kids come around the corner and start running and screaming about the "black squirrel!" He hightailed it out of there but quick. My wife was able to snap a picture though and it is one of my best memories of that trip. :roll_eyes: