Squirrel Liver

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by fishinpals, Sep 25, 2006.

1. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Have a friend tht does a lot of squirrel hunting and has been saving the livers and using for bait. He says they work great. Anyone else using them?

2. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Yes channels and Im sure any other catfish love them. Ive used them for years, great bait. To me any liver will catch cats, my stepdad traps and Ive caught cats on beaver, muskrat, mink, fox and coon liver. You name it liver will catch fish.

3. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Got some deer hunters who will be hunting here next week (bow) and are going to keep livers for bait. Imagine they will work great also.

4. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    I have a friend that uses deer livers ! He swears by them.

5. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    ive definately heard of people doing tht but never tried it myself.

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Don't waste those livers, Season them up roll them in flour and fry. GOOD EATING!!

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have a butcher shop here in town that butchers fresh from the surrounding farms.He told me he is not allowed to sell the livers that he gets from Beef or Hogs.So Hearts and Livers are free.Man there huge!What I can't understand is why the grocery stores sells liver beff chicken and pork,but the Butchershop can't.Oh well whatever at least I can get the liver free.That is nice and the last one I got was very bloody!--------------pk powell:big_smile:

8. raybait1

raybait1 New Member

State:
    SE Texas
    I raise meat rabbits and i use the rabbit livers, their real good bait but there are never enough of them.

9. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Newalla, Oklahoma (Shawnee)
    I use them a lot! They are great catfish bait. During hunting season I pick up the ones freshly killed on the road. Rabbit livers are good also, but the squirrel livers stay on the hook better.

10. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    pk, I think the reason that the butcher shop cannot sell the livers to the public is because the beef and hogs were not slaughtered under state or federal inspection, otherwise they were custom slaughtered for the person who owned the animal. J.D.
    :0a36:

11. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    i tried them last squrriel season. along with all the other organs. caught a few channels. i prefer chicken liver over the squrriel liver.

12. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    A local around here swears by deer hearts.