Squirrel in my belly

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by dlongmo, Jun 19, 2009.

1. dlongmo

dlongmo New Member

State:
    missouri
    Had a buddy call me last night and tell me he caught a 10 lb blue up the pom river and when they dressed it , it had a full grown gray squirrel in its belly. The guy is 67 years old and as trust worthy as you will find so I believe it.

2. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    squirrels will swim across the water so I don't see any reason why if a ble caught one swimming it wouldn't eat it.

3. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    i believe it! catfish are some top predators in thier enviroment. saw a guy once who landed a decent sized flathead throwing a lure that looked like a really fuzzy mouse.
    there is also a video on youtube of some guys tossing a chipmunk in the water, and something big just slams it. they say that is was a catfish eating it but who knows for sure.

4. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I had a friend of mines grandpa tell a stroy of a flathead taking a possum off a wing dike. He said they were fishing and watching this possum walk up the rocks and then woosh no more possum. I dont know if that is true but the story took plase back in the early 70's.

5. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    I BELIEVE IT.MY DAD SAYED MY GRANDPA USED BABY CHICKS TIED ONTO HOOKS TO CATCH BIG FLATS.

6. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Does anyone know where I can buy some baby chick. I don't have much money so:
    They have to be going cheep:smile2::smile2::smile2:
    I crack myself up sometimes

I totally believe it. If a flathead will try to swallow a basket ball (remember those pictures?) I'm sure a blue would eat a squirrel...W

7. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
    Honest to god I caught a 8lb blue with 6 buckeyes, still in the hull ,in his belly!
    Dont know why he ate em,but he did and had another boc brother witness it.

8. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Years ago I had a big flathead throw up a half grown muskrat in
    my livewell. I have also found duck bones in catfish stomachs.

9. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    Its really amazing to me what a fish will eat. I wish i could witness something like that first hand that would be awsome. Cant say Ive found anything crazy like a muskrat, duck, etc. in any of my fish but never gave it much thought. Keep em comin boys this is really interesting.

10. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I know they will try and eat anything that will fit in there mouths, I found a part of a tin can in a blues stomach once, kinds surprized it didnt rip him up on the inside, and once I saw that I realized the fish will eat antyhing.

Chad