Squirrel hunting??

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by kycatman01, Aug 2, 2006.

1. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i really love to squirrel hunt but it has been several years since have had time to go. where i am employed it is very busy that time of year. i got laid off for awhile this year so i am going to go. how many other brothers plan to go?

2. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    OH YEAH I AM DEFINATELY GONNA GO

im even having dreams about the season opening

i will proally take my 20GA remington 870 for the first day
    on account of the leaves and low vis up in the trees...

i am also im search of a few new woods cause we just got kicked out of a woods that has a BAZILLION BIG FOX squirrels in it it really got me BUMMED OUT but its aiight there are more than just one woods out there :)

HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE!
    /\ THATS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT!

3. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Can't wait for the season to begin.
    Found a fresh woods that the mong haven't cleaned out yet.
    We do have a problem with that up here, they go into the woods and shoot everything that moves. Funny thing is they eat it all.
    Hope I didn't offend any mong members, is there any?

4. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    what is mong? exactly

i dont know sorry

5. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Mong (spelling correction Hmong) aisian imigrants from Laos.

6. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    OH

ok

lol i had no clue what it was cause i have never heard of that term used before

Thanks

Jeff

7. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I do not hunt anymore. I am not able to walk that well. I can still sit in my boat and fish.

8. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'll probably go out 3 or 4 times this year. Right now it is so hot I really don't have any interest in going out and doing it.

9. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    I am planing on amping about 3 weeks in October and squirrel hunt. My best friend in Tx wants me to go elk hunting then but I dont think its going to happen I am already in that camping/squirrel hunting mind set.

10. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Everytime I go to the in-laws house. I get handed a breakaway pellet gun and am asked to shoot as many as I can. Then her father cleans them and freezes them. Even a couple of the police there come over and get some meat. So I know none go to waste.

11. bobact

bobact New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Haven't had a chance to go for the last few years. I have to go this year. I've got a 9 year old that I promised to take. He's ADHD and I have to see if he can sit still and be quiet. It's a prereq. for the deer stand. He's got to play rabbit dog this year to. Got to break him in sometime. I'll probably take my Mossy 12. He's not afraid to shoot it and will every chance he gets. He's tough. If the situation is right he might get to take his own tree rats home. It'll give him the fever. It's a good sickness.

12. santeecat12

santeecat12 New Member

State:
    gastonia,nc
    i am going to go if i can...oh yea can you squriell hunt with a bow

13. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Cant wait, I've already started stocking up on shells and checked my squirrel belt to make sure it is in good shape. When this heat breaks I'll be ready.

14. AllenM

AllenM Guest

If I can get the "hunters safety" prerequisit taken care of, and if I can afford the hunting license at some time in the next couple months, then I'll be out there with my pellet rifle trying to score some eaters.

15. Supafox

Supafox New Member

State:
    Hannibal MO
    Oh yeah I'm going. Squirrel and dumplings for dinner. Now thats what I'm talking about.

16. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Yes if nothing happens am going got to try out the 10/22 ruger i traded for.

17. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I just walked in the door from hunting after work. It's been REALLY HOT here lately, but the temps dropped considerably today, so I had to go. Only saw 1 but it's a dead one! :big_smile:

18. catfishingRon

catfishingRon New Member

State:
    Earlville, IL
    drunksquirrel.jpg looks like this squirrel had a long day!:crazy:

19. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Man, that's just wrong! :lol:

20. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Where most hunters take to the woods and go to deer camp, I'm one of the odd balls in my area. I go to Squirrel Camp! I take the first 4 days of the season, and camp out in a little cabin I have access too and hit em hard for the first few days. We have a major league squirrel dinner on the second day of camp. Roast squirrel, taters and gravy, sweet corn, fresh melon, and cole slaw, beverage of choice, it just doesn't get any better than that.
    Where I'm from, our season doesn't open up til the 15th of Sept., but I'm getting fired up about it already.
    Sparky