Squirrel Hunting Yesterday

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by catfish1516, Nov 26, 2006.

1. catfish1516

catfish1516 New Member

State:
    Reidsville ,North Carolina
    Well, yesterday, me and my buddy went into the woods to try and get some tree rats to eat. We ended up getting four squirrels and a rabbit. We were using a 410 and I hit two squirrels and my buddy got two sqirrels and the rabbit, he is one hell of a shot. Rubbing the two quarters together really worked well they came right to in. Just thought i'd tell you how we did.

How much does a squirrels hide sell for

2. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Congrats on a fine day in the woods. Good to see someone still after the tree rats!!

3. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    I can't tell you what the hide is worth, but if you sell the tails to Mepps, you'll get about 20 cents each, unless you take the payment in Mepps fishing lures. Then you get about 40 cents each. I did it one year for the whole season. I got 50 squirrels, they rejected 8 of them. So I got $16.40 in lures. I just wasn't worth to me. It's quite a hassle when you think about it. You have to salt them and let them dry, then freeze them, and then ship them UPS to Wisconsin.
    Sparky

4. catfish1516

catfish1516 New Member

State:
    Reidsville ,North Carolina
    ya that kinda is a waste, considering the shot that took the squirrel down is worth more than the squirrel, but you ain't losin anything

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    congrats on the tree rats wish we had them closer to where i live but on the price of the tail consider this the hunt youwant the meat you earn the tail is a by-product of the hunt the price may only be cents so if you sell them for a few cents you wont be centsless!!

6. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    there is restraunt down here that buys them for a $1 a piece. its a real dirty place, that the health inspecter should close. but i know there is a lure company that buys teh tails