squirrel eating

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by badcat, Jul 27, 2006.

1. badcat

badcat New Member

State:
    indiana
    whats the best way to fix these up to eat?

2. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I love them in gravy or grilled. If grilling, I marinate them overnight in italian dressing and beer.

3. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    There are many ways, here is one of my favorites when I want a mess of squirrel. Quarter your skinned squirrells, place in the refrigerator over night in a large bowl of water. Change the water a couple of times before bed. A lot of the blood will be removed. Pressure cook for abot 45 minutes, and let them sit for a little longer in the cooker before taking the lid off. The meat should come off the bones easily, remove it watching out for small bones, and put aside in a bowl. Start a pot of rice, add cream of chicken soup, or cream of mushroom, or combination of both to your rice water. If you prefer you can add buillion cubes beef, or chicken instead. Add the squirrel to the pot, season to taste with salt, pepper, or some TSS, and let it simmer about 20 minutes or so. If it gets too stiff add a little hot water or broth if you have it on hand. Serve it with you favorite vegetables, and biscuits. Good fishin', Jack.

4. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    I MIGHT HAVE TO TRY THAT...

SOUNDS DELICIOUS

what i did last year was just get the legs... and flour then and fry them... they were good.. but that recipe sounds GREAT

Jeff

5. badcat

badcat New Member

State:
    indiana
    did anyone parboil and then fry them, i always have a hard time with them getting tough.

6. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    man that sounds good...im gonna have to try it