Squirrel Attacks

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by fishnvince, Nov 2, 2008.

1. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    I had a funny thing happen to me Saturday while Deer hunting. Around 8 o'clock, I'm sitting on the ground watcing the woods for movement. The Squirrels were pretty active that morning with several of them scurring around making noise as squirrels do. I was having alittle problem with this one squirrel though. Right behind the tree I was backed up against was a lay down about 20 feet long and it stopped about 4 or 5 feet from the tree I was leaning against. This guy would run to the end of the laydown and bark at me then run back to the other end, hop off it scurry around , hop back on it run to the end bark at me again. This went on at leats 10 minutes or so. Finally I got back focused on hunting again and forgot about the Squirrel. I guess 10 or 15 minutes went by when out of nowhere I feel this thing hit me on my shoulder. Needless to say I jumped up from where I was sittling, gun flying thru the air, twisted ankle and breathing like I almost died:smile2:. I look up about 8 or 10 feet up the tree and here is that Squirrel facing down at me and barking up a storm. Never have I had this happen to me in over 30 years hunting. Be honest don't want it to happen again. It was like someone dropped a snake down my pants when I was'nt looking. :smile2:

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I never had one jump on me in the woods but last year we were standing in the yard and the neighbors cat chased one up my leg.:crazy: Fortunately it bailed off at waist high.

3. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    We had a squirrel in one of the storage buildings at work. Somebody was in there (there's a workshop in it) and was scratched on his face when the squirrel attacked him. I guess he got too close to the nest in there. He was advised to get rabies shots as a precautionary measure, and from what he told me, they are no fun. All i'm saying, is be careful. These creatures seem pretty harmless, but can be mean.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Fell asleep one time sitting on the ground with my feet up on a limb. Woke up with something shaking the limb. A squirrel was setting between my feet trying to figure out what I was.

5. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    A few weeks ago I was hunting in a climbing stand. I started hearing something like my stomach rumbling. I heard it 3 or 4 times, but I couldn't feel it in my stomach. I thought that's weird. I kinda sounded like a cat purring. I finally looked around far enough to see a fluffy tail in my periferal vision. I jumped and it jumped. We scared each other pretty good. It was a little baby squirrel on the tree about a foot from me head. It's little body was only about 4" long. I scared him out of the tree, but he kept trying to come back up. I reckon I must look like his momma.:smile2::smile2:

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I had been squirrel hunting one day and had killed 2and a half squirrels. The other half came alive in my hunting coat and tore me up trying to get out . We both got relief at the same time. I got the coat off and he found the hole. I'll never forget that squirrel hunting trip.

7. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    I was sitting in my ground blind one day and had the window screen down. I had squirells all around me and one jumped through the window and hit me in the chest. Needless to say gun went one way I wnt the other and the squirell was in charge of the blind.

8. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    once while bowhunting I climbed atop an oak that snapped about 15ft off the ground walked up the trunk ( i wasn't near as smart 25 years ago ) sitting on top I fell asleep only to awaken to a squirrel running right at my private stufff .:crazy: He ran back down the tree and I made my best bow shot to this day thru the back of his head .Pure luck I am sure . I don't think I ever hunted out of that tree again .

9. doug300wsm

doug300wsm New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I hope you had some toilet tissue in your fanny pack. lol

10. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    i was fall turkey hunting several years ago. i was sitting against a tree and watched a squirrel a ways out and he kept getting closer. after about 10 min. he was right in front of me and got on my boot and then jumped on the barrel of my shotgun i threw him up in the air before he climbed on me and freaked out. i was laughing so hard after that that i think i spooked every turkey on th emtn.
    chip

11. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    yep! slid right down that tree !:embarrassed_2::eek:oooh::eek:oooh: