Squirells Kill Dog!

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by H2O Mellon, Dec 5, 2005.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Russian squirrel pack 'kills dog'

Local people suggest hunger is driving squirrels to extremes
    Squirrels have bitten to death a stray dog which was barking at them in a Russian park, local media report.
    Passers-by were too late to stop the attack by the black squirrels in a village in the far east, which reportedly lasted about a minute.

They are said to have scampered off at the sight of humans, some carrying pieces of flesh.

A pine cone shortage may have led the squirrels to seek other food sources, although scientists are sceptical.

The attack was reported in parkland in the centre of Lazo, a village in the Maritime Territory, and was witnessed by three local people.

A "big" stray dog was nosing about the trees and barking at squirrels hiding in branches overhead when a number of them suddenly descended and attacked, reports say.

"They literally gutted the dog," local journalist Anastasia Trubitsina told Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper.

"When they saw the men, they scattered in different directions, taking pieces of their kill away with them."

Mikhail Tiyunov, a scientist in the region, said it was the first he had ever heard of such an attack.

While squirrels without sources of protein might attack birds' nests, he said, the idea of them chewing a dog to death was "absurd".

"If it really happened, things must be pretty bad in our forests," he added.

Komosmolskaya Pravda notes that in a previous incident this autumn chipmunks terrorised cats in a part of the territory.

A Lazo man who called himself only Mikhalich said there had been "no pine cones at all" in the local forests this year.

"The little beasts are agitated because they have nothing to eat," he added.

2. flannelman

flannelman New Member

that is some pretty messed up stuff right there. never heard of that. didnt think it was possible

3. flathead willy

flathead willy New Member

State:
    Madison, MS
    Yea.... You don't wanna mess around with them russian squirrels.

4. flannelman

flannelman New Member

i wonder if Russian squirrels are communists :confused:

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It's the start of the next Cold War, our Grey & Fox Squirells vs their Dog Killing Black Squirells, not to mention their crazed chimpmuncks that chase cats.

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Now that's one for Ripley's Believe it or Not. Wonder if anyone got any pictures?

Sounds like they need to throw the squirrels a few scraps, of ANYTHING!

7. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    I'll be watching for those killer tree rats next time I go outside.LOL

8. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    Thats NUTS!.id be happy to go to russia and take care of that tree rat problem....all i need is a shark suit,a barret .50cal,some land mines and a bag of kibbles an bits.....bring em on!

9. smallriverrat

smallriverrat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Anyone up for squirrel hunting in Russia? I am just need to buy some more 3" mags for the 12 gauge. Triple 00 for those squirrals.

Dave

10. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    one of the funniest things ive seen in my life was when this old man who was my neighbor put a leg trap on top of his shed to catch and kill the squirels that would eat up all his walnuts off his tree. i was sittin watchin springer one mornin when i heard this god awful sound coming from the back yard...went out to look and this squirel was caught in the trap by one leg, on the ground going bezerk....i heard the old man open the door and about the time i looked i heard SKITIM GIRL! out darted his trained attack chihuawah and took off after the squirel.....the next 30 seconds i laughed harder than i ever think i have before. lets just say this squirel tore that poor dogs a#$ up! dog survived but was hurtin! old man proceeded to beat the squirel to death with a shovel....and later ate him.

11. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    ive seen a squirrel come down a rtee and grab a half eatin chicken leg and take it back up and scarf on it .
    so i know for a fact that they can and will eat meat.
    attacking and eatin a live animal like a dog is pretty bizarre though.:eek:
    good story.

12. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    mellon i gotta know where you got this story??????????

13. gater460

gater460 New Member

State:
    eldon,mo
    all i want to know is where can i get some them cat killing chipmunks i got a stray cat problem around here