Squeaks coming from entire truck

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by godsglad8tor, Jul 25, 2007.

1. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    i have an 01 chevy silverado 1500, lifted 6 inches, 3 inch body lift, on 35inch tires, 16inch wheels, i hate this squeaking, dont know if its the shocks, a arms, and so forth, i hear it all the time when i turn the wheel either way, it just sounds awful, you know big truck trying to get peoples attention and all and they hear squeaking:sad2:, chassis is lubed every time i get an oil change, what could it be...?

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Time to buy a Dodge, LOL!!! J/K

Could be any number of things, Mounts, Bushings, ect....
    Spry some penetrating oil on these places until it stops and figure out how to stop it permenantly after you find it!!!

3. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    If it is only doing it when you turn the wheels it could be a ball joint. They usually make a high pitch screech when turning the wheel if they are getting rusted inside. If there is no grease fittings on them you can poke a small hole in the boot and spray them with some lubricant to see if that is what it is.

4. r_p_narramore

r_p_narramore New Member

State:
    East KY
    I would check the ball joints.

5. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Ball joints like the others have said. Good luck hope thats not the problem can be pricey

6. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ball joints are not hard to change. Just take a small grinder and cut the heads off the rivets. The replacements have bolts. Easy as pie.

7. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    i agree ball joints!!! just don't let it go too long, get it checked out as soon as possible that could be a bad accident waiting to happen!!!

8. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I had exactly the same problem with my Chevy truck,squeaking all the time.Soon as I got myself an apartment the problem went away!!!!!:smile2::wink::cool2:

9. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    u said it had a lift also, if they didn't use polyurethane bushings when they raised it that could be a source of squeeking also!!!!

10. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    While the truck's parked, bounce it up & down. This will tell you if it's suspension/body mounts or not. If it doesn't squeak, it's in the drivetrain.

Don't rule-out U-joints either.

Smitty