Spur of the moment BOC buddies.

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by drpepper, Sep 22, 2009.

1. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Man, I love the spur of the moment BOC buddies....
    About 10 pm last night, I got to pm'ing back and fourth with skippy2use. He was wanting to get out and fish a small river for a change, so I say "hey man, jump in your car and drive on over"....15 minutes later he was on his way- :eek:oooh: LOL! (An hour inna half drive for him at least)
    I'd just been out earlier nettin' Hoghead suckers and had good bait.
    We met-up at the ramp and launch around midnight and fished till around 5 am or so. Shane's a hard core like me, and it was good to meet -up with him finally- we'll do it again Shane.... whenever you're ready man!

2. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    and....what was caught?

3. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    eh, a couple flatties, and some channels-nothing picture worthy. If we'd've got an earlier start I don't have too much doubt we would've gotten into a decent number of flatties.... they we're at the tail end of workin' the shallows along with the channels when we pulled up- being so late, I didn't go too far or hunt around as usual.
    Probably could've filled the boat with channels if that was the focus.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  4. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    thats awesome. shanes a good friend and a great fisherman. i really enjoyed my time out with him. gonna have to make it again soon with him no doubt. one day you need to come down here and join us. and a bunch of us will have to get together. once the water comes up a little and they crack a few gates below the dam i want you to come down so we can hit them up down below so we can break your PB blue

5. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Oh I see how it is Bill... you call me up to help you get bait but u dont invite me fishing... The Black Cloud hasnt been that bad lately!!:crazy::wink:

6. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    shane if bill wants to be like that then so be it. if skippie and i can get the same time then the both of u can come down and u and i will go out and outfish the two of them. just like i did two weekends ago. even tho i still did crappy :smile2:

7. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Even a BLIND squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.LOL Just a bad 2 days on this end. At least no barge pushers run us out.

8. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thnks for the chance to come out and fish the white. It was fun and completely different than what I am use to. May have to put big balloon tires on my boat so we can use it next time. Its a shame I lost the 2 I lost. Didnt do to bad though for not going a 1/4 of a mile from the ramp. Any going from Shelbyville to franklin be advised st. rd 44 is closed between Shelbyville and Frankin. That didnt help. An extra hour 15 drive wondering through the country didnt help. By the way Shane thanks for helping Pepper catch bait, saved me some time at 10PM. We'll all have to get out and get after them sometime. We could put 4 in my boat bill if I can get it in there. Shane and flooty could get out and push the boat off of the rapids, and back up river.LOL

9. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    no skip. we need to have bill and shane come down here one friday night and one of use take one and the other take the other so we have plenty of room and just go out that way and see who puts more fish and bigger fish on the boat lol.... :smile2:

10. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    I never made it to help him... But he called and I missed it.. but when I called back his wife said he wanted me to go with him to get bait..

11. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    This here sounds like a plan to me!!! :wink::smile2:

12. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    CAN DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!! i like the little river though because its quite and i dont have to deal with the pushers. Barges, and other boats. dont even get that at brookville, unless it is winter.

13. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Shane if your PB blue is just like bills then i can do everything but guarantee that between skip and i we will get you and bill to top your pb if you both make it down this way.

14. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    My PB blue is 38#.. Caught it with Winston aka Metalman.

15. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    a 38 out of the ohio can be done. yeah its a little more difficult but can still be done. and i have some spots that can do it.

16. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In

Shane, WHAT was you thinking?? You KNOW i live in shelbyville, and have been around this area for a while.. I'm just a phone call away man, coulda saved you alot of time I'm sure! You still got my number?

Glad you got to meet DrPepper, did he rip your bumper off too? Thats how we met..lol:smile2:

Hey bill, if you decide last minute tonight to head to brookville, let me know! I'm game for some fishing tonight, just nobody close to here that can fish this week:wink:

17. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That was WhiteRiverBlackcloud's fault.... :big_smile:
    Yeah, I told 'em about that one last night. lol

18. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    wow bill did bryan remove all of our posts out of here too???

19. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    What posts? :big_smile: lol

20. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    And I wasnt very happy. I had been told it was reopened which it was, but it was reclosed elsewhere. I will be back out one day soon.