Spun prop, or something else?

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by cantstopgrandma, Nov 23, 2009.

1. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    I was in a boat last weekend where the prop hub spun and it took us 4 hours to go 7 miles. Made me want to get a spare prop for my boat, but haven't had the money yet. Well I took my boat out friday, and now mine is acting funny. I went 3 miles and all of a sudden my motor revved up and acted like i had spun the hub. When i let off, the motor started going again with no problem. It happened several times, i would slow down and occassionally check the prop, then take off again. The weird part was that i could take off full throttle and it go like a bat outta hell with no slippage. My question is, could leaves in the water cause this problem? There were a lot of them floating around in this particular river. I have a 2006 model year (bought new in '07) yamaha 25hp 2 stroke on a 1448 flatbottom jon. Me and my life jackets and boat cushions were the only thing in the boat, and i wasn't going full throttle or anything, just cruising along. Your thoughts boat gurus? Should i suspect the prop, or try a different area with less leaves? Another prop is on my list of "must haves", but with Christmas and bunch of other stuff, money is tight right now.

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Mark the center of the hub with a marks alot all the way to the outside and try again and see if the marks line up when it happens again. I would try it in a cleaner water because I have has leaves do that to my 16 h/p