Sprucing my toon up

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by Bubbakat, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Still got to add my graphis but let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    This just shows some of the changes in color. Had to add the personal touch didn't like that tracker brown. Now going to add Eagles and star bursts in red white and blue with maybe a couple cats to flavor it up some.

Attached Files:

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Now that is one nice toon Willard!!!!

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Man alive.You done good.I would be living on that 24 hours a day,seven days a week! I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Fire up that BBQ, lookin' good!

6. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Man, Willard, that looks like a completely different toon buddy. You out did yourself on this one, when are you going to get it all slimed up? LOL Can't wait to see the stars and stripes.

7. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Jim Just as soon as this hot streak is over with We are coming your way some fri night for an alnighter with you and judy.

8. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Buddy, that sounds like a plan to us, we are sittin on ready, rockin on go. I hope Judy and I can get back down to Nickajack here soon and catch some more skips. Come on cool weather.

9. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    The toon is looking real nice!!

10. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Willard it will look better when you get what I have over here for you.LOL
    Yes I have your stuff for the enclosure. may be way to much. But had to by 40 yards. If that is more then you won't I guess I will keep what you don't won't'.
    Guess we could get it close to you. Let Bam take it home with him this weekend?
    Pete

11. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Good job Willard. Makes me want to get out and do mine when it gets cooler.
    Bill

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Willard that is one nice job you have done on the toon. I see you have that grill handy. It's nice when you can take a fishing trip and turn it into a picnic. That is big enough for your wife to turn out some quilts, while you fish. Ha.:smile2:

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Willard, looks like you did a great job, looks real sharp.

I see you have a metal roof. I finally had to beef mine up with some extra side supports. 10 years in the water, the wave action took it's toll.

14. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Mickey when I bought the toon it had a black gas grill on it and it worked good. 9ask ol jim) (fish) it could cook some good chicken:big_smile: I can't get the wife to stop fishing long enough to quilt while we are out. She does stop long enough to cook though. I found that little SS grill in the paper an individual was selling it and bought it for 30 bucks and she hadn't used it but one time. They cost a hundred at lowe's.

Yea olefin I know what you mean. This one sat on the water down in GA. for about 3 years and the two brackets on the right side are wallering out the holes so I am going to take them off and repair them. I love that hard top though. Makes a good spot to put the rods and put extra stuff in the back on the upper ledge.

15. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Bill the roughest part about it was getting the glue off that the striping left behind. I found some stuff called goof gone extreme at wally world and it and some 00 steel wool worked real well.
    I was going to wait until fall to do this but I just didn't like that tracker browm and those awful looking logos. Its a shame that a toon cost as much as they do and they slap three or four big logos on to get that free advertisement.
    Get started on it bill. You'll be glad you did.

16. JEFFRO67

JEFFRO67 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Lookin good Willard nice toon. Thanks again for the pic waterpump tutorial for my merc mariner.your a prince of a guy.

Jeff