Spro barrel Swivels

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by flathead_ky, Apr 8, 2007.

1. flathead_ky

flathead_ky New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I bought some Spro 90# test barrel swivels that I am going to use with my rigs this year. Has anyone used these before?

2. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    I have some swivels that I use at times, don't know the brand. When I am on the river, I use only line and tie it directly to the hooks and weights. I do use the swivels on smaller lakes though.

3. YellaCat

YellaCat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I've never used the spro swivels. I use black Rosco swivels (no snap). They are the best I have found. I get them from Memphis Net & Twine for $7.67 per 100. Maybe I'll try the spro if I can find them.

4. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Yellacat,

Thanks for that Memphis Net and Twine idea....I've already ordered from them.....DemoMan

5. YellaCat

YellaCat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    No problem, DemoMan.

I picked up a couple packs of Spro swivels today from the local Academy Sports store. They look like good swivels, but are much more expensive than the Rosco. A pack of 10 Spro's cost me $2.19 and the Rosco's are $7.67 per 100 from Memphis Net. Thats for a #2 size.

6. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I normally use sea striker 2/0 or tsunami swivels, as long as they look like they are built solid and not the smaller brass colored ones I will use them. Also being close to the ocean I can normally find good deals on the stronger ones. I never used to use swivels when I was growing up but I have found out for catfishing it is very important for as much as they roll and thrash during the fight.

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I have been using the Spro Power Swivels for about a year now and really like them. The ones I use are size 2 and rated for 230 lbs. You can purchase them through catfish connection for $10.50 for a pack of 50 swivels.