Springtime 2009

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by ladyfish50, Mar 20, 2009.

1. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    For some of you who are still snow/ice/cold bound, here are a few pictures to let you know to "hang in there"!! Spring is coming!!

Attached Files:

2. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Oh, and here's a sign I just had to have; it really sums up my gardening addiction!!

Attached Files:

3. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Here's a picture with a little color..

Attached Files:

4. llanolady

llanolady New Member

State:
    louisiana
    they are FAN~TAB~A~LUS, Roxie!! I love the clover....they are too sweet

5. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Look what has bloomed this week! I just love it!

Attached Files:

6. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Okay, it's started. This week I bought 7 tomato plants, I don't know how many pepper plants (my husband was picking them up!), 4 bags of topsoil, 4 bags of peat humus, & 1 big bag of organic compost. I'm gonna build me a new tomato patch!!! The peppers will be planted where I put them 2 yrs ago; they really did good in that spot, but I'll be trying to break some ground this weekend, weather permitting, on the new tomato bed.
    Of course, I also had to buy some pretty flowers too. I got some gorgeous Lemon Zest petunias, & some pink WAVE petunias. Also today I got a small Coral Bells plant; never had one before.
    Happy Gardening!!!

7. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Thanks for the pics. Your way ahead of us here in north Idaho, but spring is finally here too. The garden is ready to be tilled and some of the hartier stuff can start going in the ground in a week or two. We will still get an occasional frost until the middle of May or so. Just have to be ready to cover your plants at night. We won't quit tho. Gotta have a garden...

8. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Frost in the middle of May??? Not in Louisiana; by then, we're usually in the upper 80's with "godawful" humidity!!
    Well, no tomato patch work today.....it's raining....again.:sad2: