Spring's a comin...

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by bigfish08, Mar 26, 2008.

1. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    went out with the corn for some small carp for cut bait on mon. ended up catching 9, kept two for cut bait, even caught a nice size smallmouth on corn. surprisingly thats not the first. channels are really starting to turn on and it wont be long until the flatties start.. not much longer everybody..!:big_smile:

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i agree, i have been tearin up the crappies and gills, bait tank is almost overloaded! stopped and caught some channels today as well. If the river wasn't so bad I would about bet on some daytime flats already, but can't get to them spots yet! maybe by the end of next week if the weather stays decent....rollo

3. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    im ready for the flats to turn on, as soon as the river stabilizes I'm trying. anyone else starting to tear um up? it wont be long:big_smile:

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    congrats on your catches they should be some good bait

5. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    we have started catching a few channels here in the lake few 3-4 lbs on sunday eve and biggest a little over 6 going out here after dinner to try some more :wink:

6. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Havent even got to fish in almost a month, between work and the stupid river being up, and now it looks like its coming up this weekend again!:angry::angry:..........well if you guys don't here from me, I will be in the psychiatric ward at the hospital, I cant take it anymore............:eek:oooh::0a32:

7. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Don't mind me boys, just making a run to get to 2300! :wink:

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    congrats on the soon promotion jack..rollo

9. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I hear that bro it's been over a month for me with all this dang rain every chance i get off work the river is at flood stage:confused2::angry:. Guess im gonna have to start spending my free time in the creek loadin up on some bait.