springfield lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bipolarguy, Sep 22, 2008.

1. bipolarguy

bipolarguy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Does anyone fish lake springfield or the James river?.Also just looking for a fishing buddy.

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Welcom to the BOC Kevin. Sorry cant help you out with springfield lake or the james river. But someone will give you the info you need. A great bunch of folks here.

Tom

3. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I haven't fished either one in a few years but I have in the past. It's a pretty good place to catch some smaller channels. Pm me sometime if you want a fishing buddy. I'd like to give the James another shot sometime.

4. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Welcome to the BOC!!!

5. Reb54

Reb54 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Kevin...

6. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    Kevin, springfield lake does have cats cuz the james runs into it but it seems its feast or famine, I haven't ever found a steady bite or anything close. Winter seems to be the time when I've caught the most at the hot water discharge clear at the end of the discharge.
    The james is always better but with all the high water they are spread out more than normal and the holes aren't as productive as usual.There are alot of fish that move up the james in the spring and of course the spoonies do also. Its kind of a hit and miss thing now with the high water, I don't know what else to tell ya.:cool2:

7. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Welcome:smile2: I have never fished the James for cats and only spoonbills. I would say however there should be some good cattin in the james.