Springfield is Tore Up from Tornado

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by SubnetZero, Mar 13, 2006.

1. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    We got hammerd! Appears it touched down west of town, ripped all the way across the city, and left on east side. Power lines, Debris, Uprooted Trees, Roofs, everywhere.....
    Major sections of the city are Still blocked off due to downed power lines..

If you were planning on comming to Springfield for any reason, I would wait a couple of days.. They still saying dont go out unless you have to...

2. QuincyFisher

QuincyFisher New Member

State:
    Quincy,Illinois
    I hear that Wabash got torn up pretty bad too?
    There were tornados right across the river from Quincy but our bluffs protect us from them. Killed 5 people I think in Monroe City which is close to hear.

3. greenwing7

greenwing7 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    well I live in westchester and I still don't have power and don't expect to have it til wednesday, westchester is just south of wabash and it got hit pretty hard, I only lost a few shingles and a broken outside pane on 2x pane window and one window pulled out of the frame, but 1.5 blocks away there are huges trees that are snapped off and houses that are all sorts of messed up, I was at work at the hospital and wound up staying til about 5am and going home was a train wreck I am getting a generator tonight from my rents super heavy duty electric start and runs 220 even so I'm in it for the long haul! good luck to all hit hard by this

4. ccromwell78

ccromwell78 New Member

State:
    IL
    Glad to hear you guys are fine. I live outside of buffalo and it only bent my tv antana. I was extremely fortunate enough not to even lose power. I had a chance as part of my job to deliver a machine to parkway point and it was worse then I thought. Alot of cleanup work.

5. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

All we got was a lot of wind and heavy rain. It's good to hear that everyone is ok. That stinks to hear that about Monroe City MO. We go there 3-4 times a year when we fish Mark Twin Lake.

Ray

6. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sure glad you guys are ok. We had some wind, the dogs wanted to go to the head of the bed because of the noise, but trees are still standing.

7. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    glad to hear you guys made it threw!

8. fishguts

fishguts New Member

State:
    Illoinois
    Mayor Davlin and Gov Blago comparing it to Katrina? What grandstanders! Were either one of them ever in a Hurricane Catastrophe Zone?

9. coalminer78

coalminer78 New Member

State:
    Lincoln, IL
    Lincoln is ok but I work at the mine and we couldn't go underground Sunday night(fans are down when the power is down). Many prayer for all that is effected.

10. bondman

bondman New Member

State:
    Vandalia, IL
    Im glad to hear that everyone is ok
    bondman

11. Graywolf

Graywolf New Member

State:
    Peru, IL.
    Glad everyone is OK. You are in our prayers.
    All we got was wind and rain.

12. eogden

eogden New Member

State:
    Carlinville Illinois
    As an adjuster I have been in Springfield since the storm. I would guess there is $75,000,000.00 to $100,000,000.00 in damage. Today I saw a cheap old fiberglas shingle imbedded in a steel wall. Everytime I work a tornado I am amazed by what I see. It is only by the grace of God that no one was killed let alone seriously injured.
    If you want to go & see for yourself please resist the temptation for another week. It is nearly immpossible to get around in the areas that were damaged & the debris with nails in it is everywhere.

Eric

13. catfishcrazee

catfishcrazee Member

State:
    illinois
    its a miracle no one was killed. i believe there are still some without power.

14. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Pics of just some of the damage around Spfld
    http://www.wnns.com/stormphotos.htm

Dont really see any of the places that get hit the hardest like Jerome area of the city....

15. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    SubnetZero - Thanks for posting the photos! Mom nature didn't mess around when she hit that area! Glad to hear no one was killed or seriously injured!

16. BlueZeus

BlueZeus New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It's good to hear you all are OK. The photos are wild, Mother Nature can sure display her temper. I live in Lorain, Ohio approximately 30 miles West of Cleveland right on Lake Erie. The weather here consisted of high winds and heavy rainfall. We lucked out again. You all take care as you rebuild your lives.:crying: