Springfield Gander Mountain

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Brentkeele, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Has anyone heard a projected opening date for this store? I drive by it everyday and they are certainly getting close to completion of the construction.

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    TCI is partnering with Oppidan Investment Company to design and build a 65,000 square foot Gander Mountain facility in Springfield, IL. The project incorporates a 57,000 square foot main retail building with an 8,000 square foot outdoor storage area. Construction has begun on the $5.9 million project with estimated completion in February 2009.

There was a write up in the SJR about being on track so I guess any time soon?

3. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Thanks randy, appreciate it

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Man I am hit(LOL) I go over to see my uncle there and harbor freight plows my wallet-I am sure Gander will do the same:roll_eyes::crazy::eek:oooh::roll_eyes:

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well the NEXT time you are in Springfield Illinois visiting your uncle, we will have to meet up and fish a day or something???????? Then hit Harbor Freight LMAO!!!!! damn store anyway :smile2:

6. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    I have never been in a GM, I know they are some what like BPS and Cabelas but you ever been in one?

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    We will do that lets juat meet at Gander:crazy::smile2:

8. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I have never been in one either, but I am assuming the same thing you are.

9. Wooly

Wooly New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I understand your anticipation.:dribble: There s a store in Terre Haute, Indiana that opened a couple years ago. I work in Terre Haute but live in Illinois so I know what your hoping for.:big_smile_2:
    Was I disappointed? No I wasn't. They don't have waterfalls, flowing streams running through the store. But they offer the opportunity to see equipment I only saw in catalog's. They're prices are on the same level as the other big outdoor stores.

:0a26:
    Wooly

10. Shawn

Shawn New Member

State:
    Illinois
    We have Gander Mountain and Cabela's both in Northern IL... definitely pretty comparable as far as gear. Good stores, and well stocked. A far cry from Mohawk and Dom's discount...

Shawn

11. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    C'Mon now!., you couldn't find no better than 2 hours with the old crow at Mohawks, and tripping over everything in Doms, LMAO! Both wich are now sadly gone and missed :sad2: :smile2:

12. RRRKKK

RRRKKK New Member

State:
    Quincy IL
    OK OK I live 90 miles away but get over there often. I too like Harbor Freight. So where is this store located????

13. jkm4874ford

jkm4874ford New Member

State:
    Bowling Green,
    I find the prices a little on the high side. They are way high on guns. Took a trip to Nashville Bass Pro Shop this weekend and seems 10-15% cheaper down there. I have a Gander Mountain 5 miles from home in Bowling Green, Ky. Love to go see the gear though.

14. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Veterans Parkway and Interstate 72 according to SJR paper......

15. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I hear of another Sporting goods store going in as well.. 3 stories or something. Over on the new MacArthur extension. Supposed to be a monster of store that sells EVERYTHING... Named Siemons or semons or simmons, something like that....We'll see...

16. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
  17. RRRKKK

RRRKKK New Member

State:
    Quincy IL
    Have been in the Scheels in Coralville, and Des Moines IA. They are a very nice store. Has home furnishing on an outdoor theme as well as a lot of outdoor art.