Springfield catfish fishermen never get the blues

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by ccromwell78, Apr 9, 2006.

1. ccromwell78

ccromwell78 New Member

State:
    IL
    There has been a few post about people transporting Blues to Lake Springfield so I thought I should post this website http://www.sj-r.com/sections/outdoors/stories/83141.asp . This may answer a few questions that we had here. This article will more likey raise more questions.

2. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm not sure how far their transporting these blues, but wouldn't there be some sort of stress on these fish during transport that could end up killing them later on? Just curious.:confused:

3. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I wonder why a local group has not just purchased some fingerlings from a hatchery in a nearby state. I dont feel a few stressed out fish transplanted by unskilled people will have much of a chance. Local businesses and sportsmen would be better off purchasing them from a hatchery and having them delivered. We do this with trout in Kansas and it works well. Just my opinion tho.

4. ultima_cat_man

ultima_cat_man New Member

State:
    granite city, ill
    the problem i have with this is they are comming down to where i fish to take fish from my waters to go stock there waters, i bet they wouldnt like it if i was up there taking all there flatties and bringing them down here, to me its throwing catch n release out the window, i would rather someone catch a fish to eat than take 60 miles away to stock there lake. tim

5. greenwing7

greenwing7 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    this will be a great thing for Lake Springfield, I have fished there since we moved to the lake in 89 and have only caught one blue cat and have caught my fair share of catfish in the lake, but I would have to ask about their unconventional methods and taking them from the Mississippi River?