Springfield Armory XD Pistol

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by Creek_Chub, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Creek_Chub

Creek_Chub New Member

State:
    Loveland, Ohio
    Has anybody bought or shot the .40 or .45 cal XD pistol from Sprinfield Armory? Was wondering if it was worth the drive to Target World (local range) to shoot 1. Any help would be great. Thanks

2. marco88

marco88 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have an XD in 9mm and love it. I have not had a chance to shoot one in 40 or 45 cal.

3. Creek_Chub

Creek_Chub New Member

State:
    Loveland, Ohio
    Thanks Marco for answering. Before you all i had was the guy selling it to me saying the XD is the greatest thing since sliced bread...

4. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    One of the guys i work with has an XD in .40S&W he carries it for his reserve P.D. The won't let go of it for love nor money. Also i haven't heard anything bad about them at all.

5. MilwaukeeCatHunter

MilwaukeeCatHunter New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I have also heard that they are reliable. Good gun for the money. I think Springfield has a promo going on the .45 right now. They include a holster and some other accessories with the pistol. The only bad thing I heard about them (and this is unconfirmed, I thought I read in in Guns and Ammo, but not sure) is the possibility that the slides are prone to rust if you do not take care of them. The finish might not be as durable as it should be. Just make sure you perform regular cleaning/oiling and you should be good to go.

6. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I carry the XD 40 and it shoots great. Try one out and you will buy it.

7. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I really like the XD it just fits my hand like a gloveive been thinking about getting one myself in .40 cal.It feels better then my glock 23 in .40cal.But i like springfield period, i have a springfield 1911 that i carry sometimes and love it as well.

8. MilwaukeeCatHunter

MilwaukeeCatHunter New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I just got my April, 2006 issue of NRA American Riflemen, and they did a write up on the XD .45 ACP. Field Editor Wiley Clapp had nothing but positive things to say about the pistol. He said that the gun "may prove to be the most popular offering in the company's polymer pistol line." The gun does come with a polymer case. In the case you also get a polymer holster, magazine loader, and a two-magazine pouch. I don't think you can go wrong with this deal. This gun holds 13 rounds in the magazine and the price is right. I would opt for the bi-tone model with stainless slide. Maybe I just talked myself into buying one too. Now I have to convince my wife. LOL

9. Creek_Chub

Creek_Chub New Member

State:
    Loveland, Ohio
    Thanks for all the help guys.. I think I'll go shoot 1 and see what I think. Hey Cheese good luck withtalking the wife ibto it I know how hard that can be!!!..Thanks again for all the help and I'll let youguys know what the outcome is.

10. Creek_Chub

Creek_Chub New Member

State:
    Loveland, Ohio
    Well the verdict is in and I bought the new Smith & Wesson M&P .40cal. and not the XD. I like the S&W better and the price was actually cheaper also. Go figure all this and go with the s&w lol. Again thatnks for all the posts.

11. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    Let us know what you think about the S&W.I CARRY A S&W sigma in .40. I have not tried out a M&P. Not sure just what the difference is but i do like the way a S&W fits my hand better than a glock.

12. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    I have the springfield XP ported .40 and it is indeed an excellent firearm but the S&W is exually an excellent gun. You really couldn't go wrong. Hope you enjoy it.