Spring Turkey Hunting

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by The Out-Fisherman, Oct 6, 2005.

1. The Out-Fisherman

The Out-Fisherman New Member

State:
    Charleston, SC
    I know it's early, but I wanted to be the first to have the "Spring Turkey Hunting" post...Here in SC we have no fall season **bummer** so I have to entertain myself by doing the following:

1) go to the store and look over the new turkey hunting thingamajigs...

2) read my turkey hunting books over and over...

3) watch my NWTF videos over and over...

4) turn my attention to whitetail deer and squirrel, which brings me to the following subpoint: Isn't it funny that during turkey season, you see a ton of deer, but no turkey - and during deer season, you see a ton of turkey, but no deer....AHH!

But I am eagerly awaiting Spring!

2. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    You live in prime turkey country, that's for sure. South Carolina has a 5 bird limit in the spring. One of these years I'll come to South Carolina and hunt. Don't have the problem your having there, we have plenty of turkey and deer and I'll see them both everytime out. Saw a nice 170" + deer yesterday and if I'd of had my bow with me, could have easily shot my choice of bucks or does. The only deer I couldn't have shot with a bow was the 170"+, he was over 1/4 miles away. Most of the bucks were 1 1/2 year olds, with one being 115". God bless.

3. brian sax

brian sax New Member

State:
    shawnee kansas
    i cant wait for spring either, this is my first year for fall hunting and i cant wait till i go. might go sunday, maybe but im really excited. i think spring turkey hunting is the best hunting ever.

4. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Yes it it, Brian. Love to hunt those spring gobblers. God bless.

5. The Out-Fisherman

The Out-Fisherman New Member

State:
    Charleston, SC
    Saw a flock the other day while I was in the ol' deerstand...Only about 6 more months to go!

6. brian sax

brian sax New Member

State:
    shawnee kansas
    hey guys only 150 something days till spring season here. i have them counted down

7. flatheaddundee

flatheaddundee New Member

State:
    Madison,MS
    Shoot yall must be related to me there aint nothin better than a warm mornin with gobbles at the crack of dawn in a big hardwood bottom. I dont care who you are turkey huntin is as good as it gets here down south.

8. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I love spring turkey hunting. I can't wait!!!

9. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    yup i cant wait for some spring turkey action myself! turkey is the first "big game" i started hunting when i was 10yrs old and i havnt missed opening day since. come on april!

10. brian sax

brian sax New Member

State:
    shawnee kansas
    well i got my new gun the other day and cant wait to try it on some turkeys, its an 870 express magnum. 145 days till spring season.