Spring time Camp-N-Fish at the Colorado River

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by riverbud55, Nov 10, 2005.

1. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    who's in for a spring(2006) time fish-n-camp gathering at the river. any dates are good for me but been looking in april at the 7th, 8th(fri), 9th(sat), 10th and 11th. here's why I think it mite be the best time.The weather is the very very best that time of year, tax day and easter will be the following weekend, the full moon will be on the 13th( good for getting around on the river at nite), this would be the start of spring break for some who get it off(bluehunter), the flathead will bitting by then w/ lots of channels to be had, and the river should be running high by then, won't be a lot of boats on the river other then us

what i,ll do for the weekend is reserve and pay the for the two spots next to my trailer for the tents and partying, that would give a total of six parking spots for folks that want to sleep in trucks and maybe room for one rv and room for a gang of tents. any one wanting a spot for an rv will have no problem getting one about 27.00 per nite w/elc. and water but no sewer(to close to the river for sewer)and there is motels in town for the folks who don't camp but the fun will be in camp

were this camp is, is on the colorado river (30' and you in the water) in blythe ca about 5 miles north of the 10 fwy,. 170 miles from riverside and about 2 1/2 hrs. what the camp has, all camping is on grass under trees, super clean restrooms and showers, a camp store w/lots of beer, a boat ramp and dock ( got some nice channels fishen off of the dock). Name of camp is Hidden Beaches Resort

There's great fishen from a boat with a lot of good spots from the banks of the river and lots of canals to fish, i,ll put some maps togather for the spots i go.
    I think this would a blast for all. bring the the family and friends and have good time. so lets roll this date around some and how it goes for all

i know it's a long time off but i well need to reserve the spaces next to me soon to make sure we have them

river(colorado)bud(weiser)

2. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hey Dale, count me in. I think Friday and Saturday will be pretty cool. I can get to the river friday around 12pm. If you like I can reimburst you when I get their orI can get the money before the gathering. Look foward to reading more post on takle shops, gas stations, restuarants, etc, etc.

Jaime

3. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    great jaime, we got 5 from CA and looks like there's 4 from AZ thats going to make it so far, going to have to watch out them, they got them flats down.

think i,ll be going out wed nite after work so i can get things set up and scout things out for us all

ya think this may be a good one for a keg?

4. muskyman

muskyman Active Member

State:
    Loudon TN
    Name:
    David
    Ya, those dates are good for me, I am down. I wanna go before then too :D

5. Billy Jo

Billy Jo New Member

State:
    Peoria , Arizona
    Riverbud, I am thanking abuot making a trip to the river and try some daytime channel cat fishing. It would be sometime after Thanksgiving, also would give me some time to check the river out in that area. Would like to check area around Palo verde Dam. I am Retired so I make most of my fishing trips Monday thru Friday and stay home on the weekends. I would like to know how to get to Hidden Beaches from Blythe, All I know its north of I-10. This time of year I would even think about fishing on a weekend. Look foward to meeting you and maybe do some fishing. I started fishing the river south of blythe in the early 60's also fished the Parker strip before there were any houses there, only a few camping resorts and fishing camps. Always look foward to meeting another old river dog and picking his brain, can always find alot of go info.

Billy Jo

6. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Count me in. May be a few more as well maybe after i confirm it with them. But count me in and little B.

7. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    A river dog em guess its better then a river rat lol . billy jo 4 hidden beachs ya take CA 95(intake blvd) north about 4mi to 6th ave go right(east) about 2 mi to the river. cant miss it lots of big signs.

ya got an rv? boat?

going to be down there from this next sat nite ta the end of the next weekend if ya can make it out let me know if its early in the week ya can stay at my place. just going to be me until fri morn. the river has been running low so its a little hard getting bigger boats around but it can be done i'm in space 211. pm me if ya think ya can make it, I'll be checking things out here until sat morn. before im gone

hey blue thats cool man, try worken on catmando id like ta see what he can do, don't know if i'v seen him on the boc

muskie cool, man when ya want to head out let me know weekends or weekday r good for me and that goes for all just let me know when

8. Billy Jo

Billy Jo New Member

State:
    Peoria , Arizona
    Riverbud, Thanks for the Info. I was thanking of the week of Nov. 28- 5th of Dec. I have a 14' boat with 20hp merc, I use it on the river south of Blythe, only need 18 inchs of water to get around,good little river boat. Do you get your goldfish at B&B bait shop? I hear guys talk about this place but never been there. I thank its on 8th ave, but don't know the cross street. If I an unable to hook up with you this time will see you the next time.

Billy Jo

9. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Billy jo B&B bait is on 8th ave west of 95 about a 1-1/2mi at the canal RR tracks can,t miss it got a sign out front with some old flathead head's hangen off it

10. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    well guys its all sounden good, i'm headed to the river for week tonite going to b doing some fishen and hunten, ill let ya know how it goes, report is for some good catfishen still . ya all have good thanksgiving

11. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Have a good one Dale and good luck.

12. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    well folks got back last night from the river, reserved 3 spots for the gathering while i was there

did some huntin, fishin and some R&R. hunting so so, fishing zip, R&R got lots of it.

havent got a cat in over a month :eek: , going to put out a mayday soon, was able to fish out of the boat only one day and moved around all day looken in all the old holes and couldnt find them anywere, tried to find some deep water and about the deepest i could find was about 14 ft. just cant even get a bite. dont know if its the lower level of the river or the water temps, in late oct the water temp 74- 73 then the 1st of nov 70-69 , mid nov 68-67 then last week on monday it was 63 and by sunday morning it was 56

also found and bought a 1987 24' sun tracker pontoon party barge now a catfishen barge, with a 115 hp merc outboard now im going to be able to stay out allnite for the fishen also be good for the gathering to get a few more out in a boat

13. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Sounds like a relaxing trip. I can not wait to get a boat myself. I will be making many trips to the river then. It was more than likely the water temps that put a hamper on the bite, and teh fish proboly moved to deeper portions up or down the river. Looking forward to when the temps increase and the cats go on the feed again. Flathead or bust in 06.

14. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    hey blue ya think the channels will start biting once the temps kinda level off if i rember right the low water temp got down to about 45 last year. dude on fishin.net by the name of john said there was a good bite for the channels in the canals but i sure couldn't getem ya need to check out his post on how to fish the canal's it a good one and i think it may be the the way to go. its in the colorado river section

15. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    how ya all doing hope you are all are having a good xmas and are going to have a good new year

headen down to the river for the week, fishen report says it may b good :)

after i get back ill start a new thread for signups and puting a good plan togather, hope i can bluehunter ta help me out on that one seeing he did such a good job on the last ones. just a little more than 3 months to go

16. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    hey ya all, whats ya all up to, any one doing any fishen down here in so cal?

just got back from the river last nite, meet up with billy jo from over in AZ, what a great guy to fish with, took his boat out ,went up river and fished for 4 or 5 hrs, went up the drain canal and Bill had a hookup and lost it at the side of the boat and I got 3.4# channel. both were on some hog wild never got a bite on shirmp, man that was my first fish in 2 months, sure felt good. the water temp on the river was in the mid 50's and in the canal was in the mid 60's. I'm thinken if we would have been able to spend more time fishen the canal we could have mayb hooked up a few more. after we had left I was thinking mayb we should have fished the mouth of the canal, but we had to get cuz the water was droping fast and getting dark as it was we got suck on the sand bars twice. the next day went down river and fished a outside bend in the river and didn't get a bite. bill spent 2 nites at my place sure was nice spenden some time with such a nice person and a good fisherman

hope you dudes from so cal are gettin in some fishen(catfishing) any time you guys want to head down there let me know cuz im always ready. Blue you been down to San V?

17. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    You're homeboys are slackin man better get onum LOL

18. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Way to go Dale. Glad to hear youhad a good time. Hopefully fish will start bitting this spring.

Jaime

19. Billy Jo

Billy Jo New Member

State:
    Peoria , Arizona
    Dale, I sure enjoyed spending time with you at the river and look foward to the next time we can get together and maybe the fishing will be a little better. Sleeping inside sure beats the back of my truck. I am going to go to my son's house and pick-up the ice maker and get it going so we don't have to buy ice.Will need lots of ice to pack all the fish we get. Ice dosen't last long when it's 115* outside. I will make a cabnet to put the ice maker in so you can lock it up, ice is like gold down there in the summer.LOL I am going to Lake Havasu the 10,11,12 of Feb, Wife want's it spend sometime at our time share,going to meet some friends from Colorado. Won't be do any fishing just R&R.(fishing is R&R for me but not the wife) I would like to try and get back to the river the end of Feburary or the first of March, If the water is starting to come back up. Did you take your toon back to Riverside?
    Once again would like to thank you for your hospitality.
    Billy Jo

20. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    hey bill great having ya there, that ice mach. is going a to be good thing to have down there, i trust it it will get a lot of use keepen the bud cold opps i meen fish. yep made it here with the toon all safe a sound.

Went to the CA DMV in blythe and tried to get it all put in my name, got the boat put in my name with no problem but the trailer title was missing a number on the vin number and the trailer is missing the the vin number on the trailer it self called the factory and thay said at the time it was built thay used glued on vin number plates and over time it had fallen of so the CA DMV said I had to go to AZ get a corrected title, so went to the AZ DMV in parker last Tues. morn. got to parker waited 2 1/2 hrs got to the window got it all started ladie turns over the title and the ladie that i bought it from need to have her signture noterized by AZ law. so now i sent by mail the title to the ladie to have it redone. now then the next thing i got to figer out is how to get the vin # on the trailer and get it past all the powers to be. man o man all i want is it in my name.

anyways back to the fishen went out on the canels on the 1st after the draw down saw a 150+ channels in a school of solid fish with fish cruzen the canal just south of b+b bait so put out my 2 poles and fiahed it for 2 or 3 hours and got 2 at about 2lbs, all them fish looked to be the same size in the canal.

going to try a post some pics from my new cam i got for xmas, never done it before so here it goes.

can't do i'll try soon