Spring thaw

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by troyedm, Jan 13, 2007.

1. troyedm

troyedm New Member

State:
    edmond oklahoma
    we will be going fishing end of may first of april at texoma. where are the best places to camp? where are the best cat places? any one who doesn't have a boat and would like to tag along is welcome. we have room on a 25' modified fishing barge, so we can fishabout7 people easy. we also take most of the camping gear (stove, 3 tents, coffee pot,coffe) so all you need is your food. we won't be going over labor day.

2. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Troy,
    I'll be at Texoma with my son and friends with their sons during May. We are going after stripers, though. We aren't camping but staying at a cheap place by Buncombe Creek. I've caught some catfish on jugs a few years ago while there. We pulled out of Buncombe Creek in the boat, and made a right and went under the bridge. If you have a graph, you should be able to see the river channel near the north bank. We set out jugs there in the channel baited with shad and then sat back and watched them flip over. That is the only place that I've caught catfish on Texoma.

If you go out of Buncombe Creek and make a right, headed up the river, there are dozens and dozens of jugs up there. Good luck to ya'

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Troy,

Welcome to the BOC!!! Glad ya found our great site and family!

4. troyedm

troyedm New Member

State:
    edmond oklahoma
    yea an old friend of mine who is a stripper guide used to catch cats in that area. he was from ardmore and basicaly lived on texoma lake. haven't seen roady in ages, but he is one excellent fishing guide, cats and strippers.

5. CJSCASTER

CJSCASTER Guest

We used to have a place at Texoma. The best fishing I remember is near the OU biological station near Buncombe creek. We used to drift the open lake side of the station. I don't know if the biological station is still there though. I also remember a friend of mine saying he drifted between the islands, but I'm not sure where they are either.

Paul

6. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    The biological station is on the Oklahoma side of Willis Bridge, I believe that is highway 70. When you come out of Buncombe Creek, make a right and you will be heading right at the bridge. If you come out of Buncombe and turn left, it will take you to the islands. Both places are pretty good.

Good luck and take pictures.