spring sand bar camp

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by ks catman, Jan 13, 2010.

1. ks catman

ks catman New Member

State:
    kansas
    Just wondering if any body would want to get togather and do a weekend fishing trip on the kaw or mo river this spring. I know its ways off till spring but i thought it be a good chance meet and fish some of yall like i said i know its a ways off butt just getting ideas.:handshake:

2. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Kyle tryed to get this going last year. I'd be all for the mo river one. But I'd try to make it anywhere else too. If you chose spring you have to worry about high water, probably better to plan for after the mega gathering.

3. ks catman

ks catman New Member

State:
    kansas
    yea I didnt think about high water but thers a camp ground here in leavenworth on the missouri so as long as its not to high we we could still have a spring time get together there and then later in the summer hit the kaw thanks for the reply

4. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I tried to get it goin but people needed a/c and beds.:sarcastic: Or they just didnt want to drive down here.:laugh1:
    Id try to make it.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  5. Circlehook Jester

Circlehook Jester New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Guys, definitely count me in. Either big river or any small one. I love being out on the river.

6. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Might be able to put in at Atchison, camp overnight at Weston bend state park, and pull out at leavenworth. Atchison to weston should be 8 hour float, weston to LV would be shorter. probably 6 hours. But people could Atchison and LV are 35 minutes (drive time) apart and its about 20 minutes from atchison or Leavenworth to weston bend.