Spring, or Fall...catch'em all.!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Aug 31, 2007.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Almost everyone i talk to has had the same questions i have had or sometimes still have. When are they starting to bite? And, where? And..how long will they bite? I'm mainly talking flatheads. Read whatever you want, but the bottom line is every area is different from each. Weather has more to do with this than any other factor. That's why the fishing conditions change from year to year. And, throughout the year. I like to start flathead fishing in early March. Sometimes I have found, I'm waisting time... Cabin Fever!!! LoL..Anyways, Spring sometimes brings rising waters and sometimes not! What I know is either way when temps. start rising even gradually.. you can catch flatheads somewhere. I have proven this to many of my buddys in early spring... I'm saying areas that you probably look at and laugh... Example low water conditons....look for a shallow sandbar, between a deep hole , and maybe another deep hole a mile or so below. After a week or so of a temp. increase...fish around that sandbar..Trust Me!!! Warming sun on shallow water and land attracts many different species of fish there for the spring. Gets them fish moving! Or, high water conditions...FEEDER CREEKS!! i don't need to say any more!... Shown a friend a few yrs, back this.. First day, we caught one almost 30, the next day one over 25, and an 15..we also caught some below that.. nice to get though! You can't be at home crying about the cool weather. I'f you had a month of 20-30 degree highs.. then a week of 40-60's WATCH OUT!!! Get my point!! Creeks have the bait,..and the warmer water draws more from the river even. and some creeks flood in high water letting the sun to warm more quickly! Ok, summer is fun, lots of biting fish! wait till fall!!! I catch the majority of my better fish then. Same situation, just backwards!!! LOL! I think you can figure out the rest... goodluck..rollo

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i guess what i'm getting at...spring is far away. well, see how many is asking then! fall is just about here.. take this little bit of info. think thew it...figure it out now...catch yourself a good one when all your buddys think the yr. is over...rollo:smile2:

3. Kat-addict

Kat-addict New Member

State:
    ohio
    Jason..I personally can't wait till we get some rising water this Nov./ Dec. I don't fish for flatties much,but sure do get a lot of blues then. I like it when the water is around 50 deg. and rockin down the river,150 kcfs or better. When this is happening,I can almost gaurantee I'll catch a few 20+ pounders during the day. Someday,I'll have to try and teach myself how to get them big flatties like you do. Thanks for all the really good post you provide !! Randy