spring looking bank rod holders

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by readingcatfisher, Jan 26, 2009.

1. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I bought 2 of these type rod holders I have never used them before if anyone has any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    If they are the same as the one's i have(looks like a spring you just stick in the ground) they work good. becareful not to trip on one, they are small and easy to lose track of when it is dark.

3. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    I spray paint all of my rod holders bright yellow so you can see them easier.

4. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good idea (painting them)... I've been using the cheapy wally world ones, mainly cuz I've been known to forget them when I leave... heh heh

Heard some good words about some at catfish connection that handle the larger size rod handles... may order a couple to see if they improve my memory... :embarassed:

5. tomsfishing4

tomsfishing4 New Member

State:
    pa
    i have used them for years with no complaint the only thing is the soil has to pretty firm they dont work very well in mud or sand

6. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i also use theam i realy like theam thay make two sizes the bigger one is harder to finde the bigger one is made for the fatter handles the only place iv ever seen theam is bluff city thay dont list theam online but have theam in store

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Used to use them but now just make my own. Cheaper that way.But I do like the spring type.Just not long enough stakes on them .IMHO

8. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I thought they could have been longer myself.:wink: