Spring is springing Springer: Ice Out!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Mar 12, 2008.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Kenny, up all night and could hear the ice lifting on the ponds from the runoff. Snap, crunch, pop, music to my old ears. Watch those icebergs coming downriver don't thump your boat or you will be another titanic..

Horned owl chicks will be fledging, squirrels have done their thing, saw a red winged blackbird sitting on a snowbank day before yesterday. Turkey gobbled this morning. It is here Kenny, my good man.

Going to take my monthly trip to town. Gonna buy my fishing license, gonna buy my trout stamp. Walleyes will be running shortly, catfish will be hungry, trout will be stocked. Spools have been spun, hooks sharpened and my dynamite is dry if they don't bite. Told Nancy not to expect too much out of me this year. Probably my last year to crush grass under my feet and I am goin' fishin'

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    sounds like you have it all planned out...........good luck

3. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    if i thought it was my last "grass crunchin' season" i would have a lot more planned than just fishin. like drinkin' beer and throwing rocks at school buses.

4. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hey JD i plan on drinking beer and throwing rocks at school buses, and its not my last year crushing grass with my feet (i hope). sounds like you have quite the plan John. hopefully the kitties will all co-operate.

5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I look out towards the water and see gulls, pelicans, ducks, eagles by the hundreds. Looks like OHare airport on a Saturday afternoon. How they keep from runnin' into one another just amazes me. Humans can't walk in a crowd without bumpin' into someone. Lots of dead fish floatin' around out there... mostly small shad...

6. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Nothing is ever last. There is always something coming behind the "Last" that becomes the "First"

Like the "Doppler Shift" another beam will come along. History is written only once. Some think they can change or ignore the crushing of the grass. But is it better than the opposite. The "grass crushing the feet".

Jeb, them birds have brains. Amazing sight is it not. The more the air gets tangled the easier it is for them. Spring is indeed a marvelous thing.

JD, Throwing rocks at school buses and tipping outhouses is child's play compared to throwing bombs.

Spring is springing, Springer. Ice Out!