Spring is here, Panfish here I come! Watch out Pennsylvania!

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Rockjumper, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    Anyone here goes crazy over BIG

2. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    Anyone here goes crazy over big crappie,bluegill, and perch in the spring? I used to trout fish till I got into the crappie one spring and I usually get "Crappie Fever" about the 1st of April. I am hoping to get out here soon.:) :) :)

3. cjb10876

cjb10876 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I went out to a small local pond on Thursday night and got a couple small bass and lost a crappie fishing wiht a little beetle spin. That pond is pretty shallow and it was real warm Thursday so the fish were pretty active. I went out Saturday to a deeper pond i never fished before and I could see fish on the surface, but nobody was bitting and not realy active. All I got was a few half interested follows.

4. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I'm gettin ready for the bluegill to start beddin up, fly rod time.

5. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    The bluegill and sunnys near me are pretty smart. Catch a few on crickets and they wise up and stop bitting so hard. Any suggestions on "dumbing down" these fish, need bait

6. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Breamkiller on a flyrod!

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Rockjumper - I used to make a trip up to Pymatuning in May for Crappies, best Crappie fishing I have ever encountered. I don't have my boat with the 9.9 anymore and my pontoon has a 40 so I havn't been up there in a couple years. Crooked Creek Lake also has a good Crappie bite in the spring. I like catching Bluegill on my flyrod and then they go Flathead fishing with me!

8. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    I did some Crappie fishin today, from time to time it snowed, it blowed, but the Crappie still ate my jig. I still had some Maggot's left over from ice fishin, with out them I would of been Skunked. I must of gotten at least 25+ but just a little on the small side for me, mostly in the 8 to 9" bracket, I'd rather see them 9 to 10". I also got some nice Gill's about the size of you hand. I releast everything, maybe the bigger one's will be in tomorrow.

9. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    I love pymatuning also. They maybe changing the horsepower there.I have a couple of nice spots at Moraine that I do pretty good at. I just wish these gas prices would come down, but I don't think they will. I will probally be staying close to home because of gas prices and doing all of my fishing at Kahle lake and the mighty allegheny this year.

10. Bucktail033

Bucktail033 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Lower allegheny river this past week if you want to talk about slabs. I caught about 10 crappie floating a minnow at lock and dam #2 in Sharpsburg. They were all between 12-16 inches, i was amazed myself but nonetheless these fish are fun to catch. Good luck and Good Fishing.

11. bigpapa15206

bigpapa15206 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh
    all i saw you catch were white bass, lol. just kidding i got a bunch of those slabs too.

12. bigpapa15206

bigpapa15206 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh
    heres one of those slabs

Attached Files: