Spring is Here in South Carolina

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by blackwaterkatz, Mar 17, 2006.

1. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Dogwoods are blooming, now, so spring should be here to stay. The water temps have really jumped in the past week or two. Catfish are entering prespawn. Now is the time, if you can get out there.
    I went Tuesday in the river, almost got blown away by the "5-10 mph" wind. Managed a couple of 8-10 lbers. on frozen shad, with a good many small hits.
    I went at daybreak this morning and caught some American shad for bait, but didn't carry the boat because it was windy, predicted at 10-15. Wouldn't ya know, since mid-day, the wind calmed down and it's beautiful. The weather folks can't seem to get it right. I'm taking that fresh shad at daybreak in the morning and heading to the river. Refuse to even listen to the wind report tonight.
    Any of you Palmetto boys going this weekend?

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill

3. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Good pic, Bubba. The wife's tulip tree bloomed last week. Usually it will bloom, get frostbit, then bloom again. This year it made it in one try. LOL

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    The pollen is getting rough now.

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill

I know what you mean tommy. This is the first year in 4 years that I have got to see that magnolia go through full bloom. Sure is pretty when it does.

6. mazdabob

mazdabob New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, IA (Omaha)
    I miss S. Carolina. Spent a year in Columbia when I worked for the airlines. I just wish I had been into catfishing back then, I only lived about a mile or less from Lake Murray, but I was to busy with the career.
    I'll get back there someday.... hopefully!

7. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Hey Tommy! I'm finally back in Greenville (hooray), and lookin to get back out on the water as soon as the weather permits. Supposed to rain Mon & Tues, so I'm lookin at Wednesday. Don't know if I will try Hartwell for some crappie, or make a 1st trip to Murray, but in any event I"m so happy to be back :)

8. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    MazdaBob, glad to hear your comments, and I hope you do get a chance to come back again.
    Patmansc, I'm glad you're back in-state, but probably not as much as you are. Maybe you can spend some time here, now.