Spring Get Together

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by Sparky Larson, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    "OK" guys, let's get something going. We have all said we're ready for an outting, but the place hasn't been made clear. (The Grand, The Maple, The Kalamazoo, and last but certainly not least Houghton Lake). I'm game for a shot at Houghton Lake, but I don't have much information on where to fish or where to stay. Can anyone help.
    Now, I know we all want to go, but Vic has ask us to through some dates out, and no one seems to want to get off dead center. So, with that in mind, I'm going to stick my neck out. 18,19,20,21 of May sounds good to me. This is the week end after Mother's Day, so if we take real good care of our Mothers & Wives we should be good to go. I'm always thinking!
    Any how, lets get some feedback.
    Sparky

2. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Sounds like a Houghton Lake winner to me, or perhaps the Quanacassie River? That certainly was a nice location in that park...Actually, I think that would probably be just about perfect for a gathering. It's close to you and Don, and those that are coming from the south don't have to worry about traveling any extra distance. Most of all, we have great potential of catching some fish for sure! That's just my take...I still want to get to Houghton though!

3. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Guys,

Ill be on Cadillac, Mitchell, and Houghton Lake the week of the 10th thru 17th of June. Thats the soonest I can get out there and that was my plan anyhow, as I go to caddy and mitchell every year and was planning to add Houghton this year anyway.

If you all go, tell me what you find. If you want to hold off and wait a month, Ill be there too.

Sorry the message is short... Im on the fly!

Sal

4. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    That should be prime time on the quanacassie river and saginaw river and the bay! How about houghton on may 6th and 7th?

5. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Guys,

There is a series of 2 dams on the muskegon over at Houghton Lake. I betting that the one on the east side of the lake will produce for sure, while a buddy of mine who has a cabin in Prudenville (southeast shore of Houghton Lake) tells me that the 2nd dam is where they slay the cats.

To get to the first one, just follow the lake to it. Its on the east side, bout 3 miles north of m-55.

To get to the 2nd dam, take m-55 out of houghton lake via car toward Lake City and go over the us-27 overpass. Turn right (north) on the first road and about 2 miles down there will be posted directions for the dam and PLENTY of shore fishing space.

Next time I am up visiting the inlaws, Ill let you know firsthand, as I will scout it out and maybe drop a line if I have the time.

Ill talk to ya soon. Ill let ya know better details as they unfold. Im gonna have coffee with the guy tomorrow morning, and thats when Im gonna press him for better info.

Sal

6. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Hey Sal,
    Thats great information! It appears that there is a camp ground right by the second dam. ( Reedsberg Dam).
    Keeps us posted on any new info. you get.
    Sparky

7. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    my buddy says he will call his friend who lives up there full time and get back with me on the hotspopts for cats.

We're on a good trail boys!!!! WOOOO-HOOOOO!!!!!

Sal