Spring Gathering!! No more Fever!

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by LilRyjoe04, Feb 21, 2006.

1. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Alright guys, I know we have the June 10th Summer Gathering all in line now, but I have the fever bad and need to do some fishing sooner. Let's get some ideas out on the table here and come up with a time, date, and of course most importantly location. I would like to fish in April in the prespawn period. I would like to fish where there has been big blues and flats caught last year. So let's hear what you guys have to say. Cataract? Wabash? White River? What's it going to be fellas?

2. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Whats everyone doing this weekend?? Haha Seriously...sounds like a good idea...I am down for it whenever...

3. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    I haven't seen anything on a gathering in Indiana in June. What days does it cover and where? I'll get it on the calendar if you want.

4. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    I would say for location the white river would probably be the best bet. I think the river will probably get going before catarac does. I'm down to go anywhere though. I just want to get out and catch some fish.

5. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Hey Mike the Indiana gathering is June 10th on the White River in Indy. Unfortunately I can't go. But the spring gathering... lets see... either the 8th or the 22nd looks good to me. So far it does anyway. With my situation anything can change at anytime. Location? Got the Ohio down by Belterra. We talked about that in another post. I've seen it but don't know anything about it. Maybe keep it central for everyone is good too.

6. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    It's on the calendar.

7. WhiskerfishLou

WhiskerfishLou New Member

State:
    Northeastern Indiana
    :crying: Ok... if I wasn't on a tournament circuit, June 10th would be fine. I'll be there in spirit. Guess I'll have to shoot for the KenLake gathering instead. Tight lines and screaming Reels!! :)

8. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Okay, the date for the Spring gathering will be April 22, which is a Saturday. Depending on the weather (Cold) we will be fishing at night so I think we should get there around five or six in the evening. Does this sound alright? That way we can get all of our equipment set up and get some food on the grills right at dusk.:) Do you guys want to fish the same location as the June gathering? It might give us a better feel for what we need to do in June. (With a bigger crowd) Let me know how you guys feel about the date, time, and location. If anyone would like to try or knows of a better location let me know and we can see what everyone thinks and go from there. West Side Bait and Tackle closes at 5 p.m. on Saturdays so if you want to bait up that would be the place to do it. As a matter of fact we might all meet there and then drive to the location which is only a mile away.

Spring Gathering:
    Date: April, 22 2006
    Time: 4:30p.m.
    Waters Fishing: White River (Downtown Indy)
    Phone number of Westside Bait and Tackle is (317)636-6236 if you need help with directions.

9. D-NICE-OK

D-NICE-OK New Member

State:
    INDY
    Man these PC's suck when they don't act right:mad: That sounds good fellas.
    I usually stop by Fall Creek Shop if it is still open or Pike's on pendleton.I will try and get some times on there shops and post them.

10. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Fall Creek is closed...and PIke is very undpendable as far as hours go. I would try Westside....just my opinion.

11. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Does that mean that everyone's going?LOL! We are meeting at WestSide Bait and Tackle at 4:30 p.m. It doesn't matter to me where you guys bait up at, but the spot we're fishing at is literally a mile at the most away from Westside. It looks like we're going to have a good turnout and that's exciting. If you guys want to bring a grill and meats, I would recommend it. Us fisherman tend to stir up a healthy appetite!:) Oh yah, and drinks....Crown and Cokes!:)

12. D-NICE-OK

D-NICE-OK New Member

State:
    INDY
    Hey Scot are they closed forever or just haven't open yet? i know these last few years she has been wanting to close but just haven't. remember the big BEAR in there:eek:

13. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I am pretty sure it is closed.....it looks empty and there is a for sale sign in front of it. When I was working the boat show on Monday, I had a couple people tell me that they had closed. Sucks...it is literally 2 minutes away from my house. As far as Pike goes, I dont know how many times I have called them to see what time they close and they say 5PM...so I get there at 4 and they are already closed. They lose more business than they generate in my opinion. Beech Grove Bait is going to be open 24/7 starting April 1. That will be convenient. Cant wait for this outing guys....I am ready to catch me some catfish!

P.S. A very good friend and coworker of mine fishes the spot of the outing several times a week after work and never goes home empty-handed. He has caught flats up to 40 lbs.

14. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Ok fellow Hoosiers... I fish lakes and creeks. Never hav fished from a bank on a river. I do not have big cat poles and reels. Down here we really don't need them on the lakes. Do ya'll recommend that I get some? Do they allow camping on the bank? I thought aboutcoming up Friday after work and staying til Sunday.

15. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    I am planning on being there. Ryan, are you planning on fishing by the trestle right down the road where we fished last year? If we are in this location there is a big open area that you can setup tents, barbecue, and lauch a boat if you would like. There is also a spillway dam just up the river that can be fished as well. I have caught several nice flatheads and channels out of that stretch of river last year. There is a huge brush/log pile next to the railroad bridge in the water and there is a deep hole right on the other side of it. That is where I caught my personal best 46lb. flatty. There were a lot of turtles here last year but it may be to cold for them to be much of a nuisance in April.

16. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Hey Mark, you should be fine with the poles you have, not unless you want to pick up one at Westside Bait and Tackle, they have pretty good deals on rods and reels and they will spin your line for you.That's where I got all my rods. If you want to use your poles, I would probably get some semi-heavy sinkers, but the river shouldn't be churning to much. Joe, we will go wherever you caught your 46 pounder!;) After we all meet at Westside, you can lead the way. Hopefully the turtles won't be an issue for us, but I don't think they will be out in full force yet.:cross: I am excited about the gatherings this year and it's going to be good to meet you guys! I can't wait to go fishin!!:)

17. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    As of now, I have April 22 and June 10th free and clear so Id like to come over for both pending any schedule changes between now and then which is always possible with my work schedule.:sad:

Salmonid
    PS Im pretty sure Id drag another Buckeye or two with me, will advise when we get closer

18. wildcatter

wildcatter New Member

State:
    Irvington, Ky
    Mark, I have used smaller poles on the river,but if you hook into a nice cat it doesnt treat your pole very well. Bass Pro has some nice catfish pole for about $30.00. My son just bought himself one and likes it very well for fishing the Ohio. Hope to see you at the gathering in Indy.

19. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I go to Bass Pro quite a bit and fantasize. I've been debating on a new combo but just can't choose which one. So far so good on the spring gathering.

20. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Can someone send or PM me some directions from Rt 70, Ill be coming from Richmond area

Thanks, Salmonid