Spring Fishoff -

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by GaryF, Mar 21, 2008.

1. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Hey guys, they are talking smack about us, saying that Kansans are scared to enter the Spring Fishoff. If you don't know what it is, it's an online catfish tournament, where teams are assigned and you have 3 months to weigh in a fish. Each team members biggest fish gets counted toward the overall weight for that team.

It costs $6 to enter, and it does go into a pool for prize money, but mostly it's just a fun event with some team camaraderie and a little bit of BS'ing back and forth. Kansas has dominated this in the past, producing more than it's share of the biggest fish, but so far we only have a few folks entered. Come on, lets show those other states what we can do!

You can sign up here:
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72937

You don't need a boat or any fancy equipment, but a digital camera and scale are needed to get the fish pics and weight.

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Don't worry Gary, Missori has the Midwest covered if you guys are skeered!:roll_eyes:

3. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    money has been sent. we will show then real fish lol

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    That is one sad day that will never come, but thanks for your support :0a37:

5. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Whats the start and end date?

6. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Y'all live in catfish heaven and have like 3-4 members entered.... I would say yeah, they are purty skeered of their brethren from Missouri....

That is not a big representation, but we welcome the ones that have entered. Maybe your 3 lb fish will put your team over the top.
    :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

7. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    It starts 1 April and ends 1 July.:wink:

8. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    We were told there is a limit on Kansas entrants so the Missouri boys will have a chance:smile2:. I am already entered.

9. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    OK, since the guys to the east of use like to talk a big game I'm going to enter. Its just for fun right?:angry: lol

10. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Now were talking! Yep, just for fun.. for us Kansas people. Those other states may not have so much fun getting whupped up on, lol.

11. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    They need to make one that goes from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31.. This start and stop right when the fishing gets good. Why not just go from April 1 to may 31 leave june out since they spawn then and fishing sucks. Start another one back up July 1 end it sept 31. Makes better use of good fishing. But oh well, I don't enter them anyways to much hassle.

12. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Yeah at least the KS folks don't have to travel cross country and hire a guide to catch there PB. :roll_eyes:

13. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good luck guys in the tourny

14. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Hmmm.... I sure did enjoy that there cross country trip meeting new people. I have been blessed.

I had a PB before then, it was just smaller lol!

Why are you complainin about the rules if it's too much hassle to enter?

BTW, what hassle is it to fish?

15. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Shawn, those Jayhawker boys don't have to cross country to catch big fish. They all just travel a short distance to Missouri......:smile2::smile2:

16. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Hmmm.... I sure did enjoy that there cross country trip meeting new people. I have been blessed.

I had a PB before then, it was just smaller lol!

Why are you complainin about the rules if it's too much hassle to enter?

BTW, what hassle is it to fish?

17. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Think we all read you the first time.. :big_smile:

Hassle to go fishing there is none. The hassle is to get the non fishermen on your team to fish and stop talking about it. Or listen to them bank on that one trip with a guide they are going to have.

18. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Sorry man, didn't mean to stutter lol!

That's true enough, but I am just in it for the fun of it. While I'd like my teammates to catch a big fish, I feel it more important for the comraderie, you know, the Brotherhood thing.

Would you join if I paid and you had nothing to lose? No pressure to pressure your team? C'mon let's have some fun.... or maybe just a side bet, mano a mano, you and me.... Couse, then I might have to travel 1/2 way around the world for a spain wels cat lol!

19. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Its gettin good. :0a22:

20. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Alright you got a deal i'll join the the fish off.... Now watch we will get on the same team :big_smile: