Spring Fever - ice out soon on the lakes

Discussion in 'IOWA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catsrking, Feb 21, 2007.

1. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Last couple of days have been awsome. Ice out should be just around the corner for much of Iowa's lakes and ponds. Ready to get out and get into some nice channels like last year.

2. dano40

dano40 New Member

State:
    Spirit lake, Iowa
    Should be here shortly. Talked to my brother last night he was out catfishing on the Mississippi river up by the cities catching cats 2-6 lbs. about as fast as he could reel em in.

3. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Big time fun when you get into 'em like that!

4. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Relax Tom take a deep breath ...... you'll be able to get out and catch some tree's..............

5. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Its been nice here in ar the past few days ready to go

6. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Fishfryroy and I drove down to Batesville to get some dipbait and try our luck on the White River while we was down there.

On the way down we noticed the Maple trees in peoples yards were budding out and the daffodils were up and some even blooming. Spring is right around the corner.

P.S. We didn't catch anything either.

7. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sounds like spring has sprung there Chuck. Better luck on the next fishin' outing!

8. SlowPoke

SlowPoke New Member

State:
    Iowa
    cats are biting down here the ice is justy openning got 7 cats Monday 3to5 lbs. from a small lake.

9. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Nice mess of cats there! That is what I'm hopin' to get into here very shortly.

10. SlowPoke

SlowPoke New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I plan on tring it again thursday if things work out.Sounds like it will be colder.:sad2: