Spring Can't Come Soon Enough!

Discussion in 'IOWA RIVERS TALK' started by construction0226, Jan 1, 2010.

1. construction0226

construction0226 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I've got the cabin fever and can't wait till spring to get the action going again! Hope everyone has been doing well this winter. Just thought I would check and see how everyone is doing and see if anyone wanted to share their up and coming fishing plans or ideas? I know we still have a few months of winter left but if I can't fish than the next best thing I guess is to talk about it!:big_smile:

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I can't imagine how you could say such a thing. Winter is such a blessed time.:roll_eyes: Ya get to stay cooped up, mite near kill everyone ya come in contact with, clean reels that ain't even dirty, watch movies ya hate and read post from a cracker head like me. Won't last forever bud, make the best of a bad situation.:wink:

3. construction0226

State:
    Iowa
    I've had a great time hunting this winter but deer hunting is about over and now I'm looking forward to catfishing and turkey hunting this spring! Nice talking to you again. I know it will be here soon enough.

4. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    Is fishing not good in Iowa in the winter for catfish? Winter here is one of the best times to fish!

5. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    Santee you can catch em through the Ice if you find the right places but its not easy. The only bodies of water around here that aren't iced over right now are Heated power plant lakes.

6. construction0226

State:
    Iowa
    You could definately catch them in the winter time here in Iowa. I just haven't been one for freeezing while fishing. Haven't took the time to look for wintering holes but I guess if I get to bored enough I might have to give it a shot. Plus I kinda got hooked fishing from the bridges with my other bros and their definately isn't open water below those right now.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  7. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    there is a smaller lake here in mo. a friend of mine and me try all the time in the winter. its called little dixie. they got some good fishes there. we froze several times last winter but loved it. when we got cold we would head for the bank and start a fire or just walk around in the woods. walkn and stayn moving kept us plenty warm. also squirll and rabbit are awful fun to hunt. take a 22 instead of a shotgun and make it a little more challinging. i work outdoors so winter is really my haven. u can dress for it and plenty jof things to do. including freeze lol:wink: but im with ya spring is a blessing. i can hear them morrels poppn right now.

8. construction0226

State:
    Iowa
    Does anyone know when the fishing swap meet is coming to Des Moines?

9. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    We should all meet up for breakfast before the swap meet again!!!! nothin like getting a couple pots of java down before spending the tax $$$$ LMAO!!!!

10. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    more than likely I'll be hungover so breakfast will probably be awesome.

11. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    winter has been rough for me as well...my reels are spotless, ive got a good 200 hooks snelled up for the upcoming year, and i just purchased 200lbs of lead to make sinkers....needless to say im running out of stuff to do for the upcoming year, im ready for springtime flatin!!!

12. construction0226

State:
    Iowa
    That sounds like a good idea cause I'm getting low on sinkers. I have everything else done but a few things to fix on my boat from a couple of people who went overboard at the gathering last year. Steve, Preston

13. FLATHEAD STEVE

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Hey dude!!!! Just send me the bill on that depthfinder base..... I didn't mean to sit on it before In did the scubba steve thing!!!! LMFAO! That would have made national news so I hear!!! LOL!

14. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    We should hit Grand bridge and tie Doller bills on set our drag lite and reel in some bum's just so we can hear our clickers go....

15. FLATHEAD STEVE

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Im down with that!................say when

16. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    That sounds like so good cheap fun!

17. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    you think we could get dnr to verify weight?

18. construction0226

State:
    Iowa
    Had to retire the 25hp and up dated to a 45hp. Got me a newer boat motor. Should be a lot of smooth sailing this year.:smile-big:

19. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I hate being in iowa in the winter!!!Iowa catfishing sucks in the winter..I get a few through the ice but little ones..Although my buddy did get a 8lber once...Where in iowa are you?..Im in Council Bluffs

20. construction0226

State:
    Iowa
    I live in Des Moines. Just gotta try and find those wintering holes and you'll have better luck. I'm like you I hate the ice and the cold temperatures. But I love hunting in the winter and getting things all geared up for the spring. Hats off to you for trying cause you can't catch em from the couch!